May 28, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
I don’t think Gregg Popovich is as crusty as he appears during his in-game interviews. Not anymore, at least.
Popovich’s combativeness with sideline reporters has become a thing, and he seems to enjoy playing it up.
But after staring at David Aldridge for seven seconds, an eternity on live television, the Spurs coach eventually gave reasonably thoughtful answers – at least considering that he was in the middle of coaching a game.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 9
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 29
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64