May 28, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
I don’t think Gregg Popovich is as crusty as he appears during his in-game interviews. Not anymore, at least.
Popovich’s combativeness with sideline reporters has become a thing, and he seems to enjoy playing it up.
But after staring at David Aldridge for seven seconds, an eternity on live television, the Spurs coach eventually gave reasonably thoughtful answers – at least considering that he was in the middle of coaching a game.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48