May 28, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
I don’t think Gregg Popovich is as crusty as he appears during his in-game interviews. Not anymore, at least.
Popovich’s combativeness with sideline reporters has become a thing, and he seems to enjoy playing it up.
But after staring at David Aldridge for seven seconds, an eternity on live television, the Spurs coach eventually gave reasonably thoughtful answers – at least considering that he was in the middle of coaching a game.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24