May 28, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
I don’t think Gregg Popovich is as crusty as he appears during his in-game interviews. Not anymore, at least.
Popovich’s combativeness with sideline reporters has become a thing, and he seems to enjoy playing it up.
But after staring at David Aldridge for seven seconds, an eternity on live television, the Spurs coach eventually gave reasonably thoughtful answers – at least considering that he was in the middle of coaching a game.
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 0
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 5
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30