May 27, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
This is Kobe Bryant in a commercial that feels like the old Monkey’s TV show.
Kobe is pitching the small Smart Car and doing so by driving a child dressed like a peanut around the back lot of a movie studio as they try to avoid a hungry elephant. Is the fact a smart car can’t outrun a lumbering elephant really a selling point? Anyway, amusing commercial so we pass it along, letting you know what Kobe has been up to besides knee rehab.
Hat tip to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News, who is Mr. Smart Car.
UPDATE: While I hadn’t seen it before, apparently this ad is a couple years old.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32