May 27, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
This is Kobe Bryant in a commercial that feels like the old Monkey’s TV show.
Kobe is pitching the small Smart Car and doing so by driving a child dressed like a peanut around the back lot of a movie studio as they try to avoid a hungry elephant. Is the fact a smart car can’t outrun a lumbering elephant really a selling point? Anyway, amusing commercial so we pass it along, letting you know what Kobe has been up to besides knee rehab.
Hat tip to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News, who is Mr. Smart Car.
UPDATE: While I hadn’t seen it before, apparently this ad is a couple years old.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4