May 27, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
This is Kobe Bryant in a commercial that feels like the old Monkey’s TV show.
Kobe is pitching the small Smart Car and doing so by driving a child dressed like a peanut around the back lot of a movie studio as they try to avoid a hungry elephant. Is the fact a smart car can’t outrun a lumbering elephant really a selling point? Anyway, amusing commercial so we pass it along, letting you know what Kobe has been up to besides knee rehab.
Hat tip to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News, who is Mr. Smart Car.
UPDATE: While I hadn’t seen it before, apparently this ad is a couple years old.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 39
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 12