May 27, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
This is Kobe Bryant in a commercial that feels like the old Monkey’s TV show.
Kobe is pitching the small Smart Car and doing so by driving a child dressed like a peanut around the back lot of a movie studio as they try to avoid a hungry elephant. Is the fact a smart car can’t outrun a lumbering elephant really a selling point? Anyway, amusing commercial so we pass it along, letting you know what Kobe has been up to besides knee rehab.
Hat tip to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News, who is Mr. Smart Car.
UPDATE: While I hadn’t seen it before, apparently this ad is a couple years old.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15