May 27, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
This is Kobe Bryant in a commercial that feels like the old Monkey’s TV show.
Kobe is pitching the small Smart Car and doing so by driving a child dressed like a peanut around the back lot of a movie studio as they try to avoid a hungry elephant. Is the fact a smart car can’t outrun a lumbering elephant really a selling point? Anyway, amusing commercial so we pass it along, letting you know what Kobe has been up to besides knee rehab.
Hat tip to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News, who is Mr. Smart Car.
UPDATE: While I hadn’t seen it before, apparently this ad is a couple years old.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29