May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Chris Andersen played a key role for Miami in Games 2 and 3 against the Pacers — he put up 29 minutes in Game 2 and has been the Heat the big man battling Roy Hibbert inside. It worked, Miami won those two games.
But he suffered a thigh bruise in the course of Game 3 and was a surprise late scratch from Game 4. Not that it mattered, Miami spaced the floor with Rashard Lewis and Chris Bosh and just torched the Pacers.
It looks like the Heat will be without Andersen for Game 5 as well, according to Michael Wallace of ESPN. The game is taking place Wednesday night in Indianapolis.
Expect Ray Allen to go. Just a hunch.
Win Game 5 on the road — which will not be easy, Indiana should be desperate, then again they are hard to predict this postseason — and Andersen and Allen will have more than a week to rest before the Finals kick off June 5. Dwyane Wade could use that time off, too.
Expect the Heat to be focused, they usually are when rest is on the line.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 5
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 32
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 81
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19