May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Chris Andersen played a key role for Miami in Games 2 and 3 against the Pacers — he put up 29 minutes in Game 2 and has been the Heat the big man battling Roy Hibbert inside. It worked, Miami won those two games.
But he suffered a thigh bruise in the course of Game 3 and was a surprise late scratch from Game 4. Not that it mattered, Miami spaced the floor with Rashard Lewis and Chris Bosh and just torched the Pacers.
It looks like the Heat will be without Andersen for Game 5 as well, according to Michael Wallace of ESPN. The game is taking place Wednesday night in Indianapolis.
Expect Ray Allen to go. Just a hunch.
Win Game 5 on the road — which will not be easy, Indiana should be desperate, then again they are hard to predict this postseason — and Andersen and Allen will have more than a week to rest before the Finals kick off June 5. Dwyane Wade could use that time off, too.
Expect the Heat to be focused, they usually are when rest is on the line.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8