May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Chris Andersen played a key role for Miami in Games 2 and 3 against the Pacers — he put up 29 minutes in Game 2 and has been the Heat the big man battling Roy Hibbert inside. It worked, Miami won those two games.
But he suffered a thigh bruise in the course of Game 3 and was a surprise late scratch from Game 4. Not that it mattered, Miami spaced the floor with Rashard Lewis and Chris Bosh and just torched the Pacers.
It looks like the Heat will be without Andersen for Game 5 as well, according to Michael Wallace of ESPN. The game is taking place Wednesday night in Indianapolis.
Expect Ray Allen to go. Just a hunch.
Win Game 5 on the road — which will not be easy, Indiana should be desperate, then again they are hard to predict this postseason — and Andersen and Allen will have more than a week to rest before the Finals kick off June 5. Dwyane Wade could use that time off, too.
Expect the Heat to be focused, they usually are when rest is on the line.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 67
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31