May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Chris Andersen played a key role for Miami in Games 2 and 3 against the Pacers — he put up 29 minutes in Game 2 and has been the Heat the big man battling Roy Hibbert inside. It worked, Miami won those two games.
But he suffered a thigh bruise in the course of Game 3 and was a surprise late scratch from Game 4. Not that it mattered, Miami spaced the floor with Rashard Lewis and Chris Bosh and just torched the Pacers.
It looks like the Heat will be without Andersen for Game 5 as well, according to Michael Wallace of ESPN. The game is taking place Wednesday night in Indianapolis.
Expect Ray Allen to go. Just a hunch.
Win Game 5 on the road — which will not be easy, Indiana should be desperate, then again they are hard to predict this postseason — and Andersen and Allen will have more than a week to rest before the Finals kick off June 5. Dwyane Wade could use that time off, too.
Expect the Heat to be focused, they usually are when rest is on the line.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 0
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 7
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 12
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27