May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Chris Andersen played a key role for Miami in Games 2 and 3 against the Pacers — he put up 29 minutes in Game 2 and has been the Heat the big man battling Roy Hibbert inside. It worked, Miami won those two games.
But he suffered a thigh bruise in the course of Game 3 and was a surprise late scratch from Game 4. Not that it mattered, Miami spaced the floor with Rashard Lewis and Chris Bosh and just torched the Pacers.
It looks like the Heat will be without Andersen for Game 5 as well, according to Michael Wallace of ESPN. The game is taking place Wednesday night in Indianapolis.
Expect Ray Allen to go. Just a hunch.
Win Game 5 on the road — which will not be easy, Indiana should be desperate, then again they are hard to predict this postseason — and Andersen and Allen will have more than a week to rest before the Finals kick off June 5. Dwyane Wade could use that time off, too.
Expect the Heat to be focused, they usually are when rest is on the line.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10