Serge Ibaka doesn’t practice Monday, expects to play in Game 4

May 26, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT

Serge Ibaka, Kevin Durant Serge Ibaka, Kevin Durant

The return of Serge Ibaka changed the Western Conference Finals in Game 3 — Oklahoma City could spread the floor more on offense (creating room for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook to operate), and on defense Ibaka blocked four shots and had the Spurs altering shots and missing (San Antonio shot just 50 percent in the restricted area).

However, Ibaka was limping at points during the end of Game 3. Then he did not practice with the Thunder on Monday.

Doesn’t matter, he is going to play in Game 4 he said, as reported by ESPN.

“The good news is I’m not feeling worse, so that’s good,” Ibaka said. “I’m sure every day I’m going to feel better every day, but I’m not expecting to feel much better yet tomorrow. One thing I know, I expect to do a better job….

“It was kind of hard a little bit with my feet. I was using more my right foot than left foot,” Ibaka said. “I could not do too much last night because after we saw the video, I felt like I was slow, and I’m sure my legs, my coaches, they understand, and I’m going to try to do tomorrow I’m going to try to do better than last game.”

With Ibaka and Reggie Jackson in the starting lineup the Thunder found their offense and played with a better defensive energy, the rotations that had been slow to nonexistent in the first two games were sharp in Game 3.

This felt a lot like Game 3 of the 2012 Western Conference Finals, when the Spurs won the first two games and the Thunder swept the next four.

The real question now is how the Spurs respond — they became sloppy in the face of the pressure, with Tony Parker in particular struggling (especially when Westbrook was guarding him). If the Spurs find their form again, Game 4 is going to be very interesting.

Latest Posts
  1. Golden State picks up 60th win, clinches top seed in the West

Mar 29, 2015, 12:26 AM EDT

Steve Kerr, Stephen Curry AP

The Golden State Warriors are the team to beat out West.

2. NBA, Pacers issue statement in response to Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act law

Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT

Adam Silver AP

Legislation was signed into law in Indiana last week, and has been criticized as one that could legalize discrimination.

3. Hawks to rest all five starters Saturday after clinching East’s top seed

Mar 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT

Atlanta Hawks Media Day Getty Images

Hornets, still fighting for a playoff spot, catch a break.

4. Stan Van Gundy: ‘Absolutely no chance’ Magic induct him into team Hall of Fame

Mar 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT

Stan Van Gundy Stan Van Gundy

Van Gundy coached five seasons in Orlando, but was fired after the way the Dwight Howard debacle played out.

5. Warriors coach Steve Kerr: ‘I would vote for Russell Westbrook’ for MVP

Mar 28, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT

Golden State Warriors v Denver Nuggets Getty Images

Kerr was joking, and making light of a mini-controversy that occurred recently with the Cavaliers.

6. Earl Clark signs 10-day contract with Nets, contributes to win over Cavaliers

Mar 28, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

Clark played key bench minutes the same day he was signed.

7. Stephen Curry scores 38 in Warriors’ blowout win over Grizzlies (VIDEO)

Mar 28, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT

Stephen Curry AP

Warriors keep rolling, while the Grizzlies are starting to feel like a first round loss.

8. Kevin Love finds LeBron James for huge alley-oop slam (VIDEO)

Mar 28, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT

LeBron James AP

Highlight-reel play came near the end of a loss to the Nets.

9. LeBron after Cavaliers fall to Nets: ‘You don’t chalk up losses’

Mar 27, 2015, 11:44 PM EDT

LeBron James AP

LeBron refused to be dismissive of a seemingly harmless regular season loss.

10. Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers

Mar 27, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT

Orlando Magic add Shaquille O'Neal to team's Hall of Fame Getty Images

O’Neal made the remarks while being inducted into the Orlando Magic Hall of Fame.

11. Draymond Green launches “It’s cool Glen” line of T-shirts in latest banter between him, Doc Rivers

Mar 27, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT

b2644bf0-d4c9-11e4-bb85-27743e449672_csg

The battle between Green and Doc Rivers continues in the funniest of ways.

12. Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’

Mar 27, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT

Atlanta Hawks v Cleveland Cavaliers - Game 1 Getty Images

Blatt knows James is unlikely to get the league-wide award this season.

13. No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble.

Mar 27, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder v Denver Nuggets Oklahoma City Thunder v Denver Nuggets

The Thunder defense has become a mess, which is bad for the playoffs.

14. Report: UNLV freshman guard Rashad Vaughn to enter NBA draft; Vaughn denies it

Mar 27, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT

San Jose State v UNLV Getty Images

He is likely a middle second round pick if he comes out.

Where does Steve Nash rank all-time?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches