Keri Hilson believes she and Serge Ibaka shared tears of joy following his emotional comeback

May 26, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT

Keri Hilson Keri Hilson

Keri Hilson, the singer famous for “Pretty Girl Rock,” was not sitting on the Oklahoma City Thunder bench in the closing minutes of the Thunder’s Game 3 win over San Antonio. But she believes she knew how Serge Ibakawho’d just turned in an incredible, injury-defying performance – felt.

Hilson, who is dating Ibaka, spoke to Sam Amick of USA Today:

Hilson can’t prove it, but she’s sure that Ibaka was crying on the bench underneath that towel that covered his head in the final moments of Game 3. Happy tears all around, to be sure.

“I was so proud,” Hilson said. “When he was crying here on the bench — I believe he was crying — I was crying too. It was emotional because I saw how just yesterday and the day before yesterday to see that he was on crutches, he was in his brace. I know he played through pain, I don’t know how he did it, but he did it.”

How did Ibaka make this miraculous comeback?

Hilson elaborated on how she and Ibaka’s sister, Rachina, helped the Thunder forward. Amick:

But when Hilson hopped a plane came straight from Atlanta in the days after Ibaka was injured back on May 15, the look on Serge’s face said it all about how much work they had to do here.

“As soon as I heard, I didn’t feel comfortable being anywhere else,” Hilson, who is based in Atlanta and Los Angeles and met Ibaka through a mutual friend, told USA TODAY Sports. “Even though he didn’t say it, I knew he needed me. I needed to do anything I could to put a smile on his face. He didn’t have a smile on his face all week. It was very hard. It was really hard. He’s one of the most dedicated people I’ve ever seen in any field, one of the most dedicated people I’ve ever been able to witness. (Rachina) was as much his nurse as I was. She cooks. I do the TLC and cook a little bit. We had to be there for him.”

Ibaka did not return alone. He has a locker room full of adoring teammates behind him.

Kendrick Perkins, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

“The best teammate I’ve ever played with is Kevin Garnett, but Serge is right there behind K.G., No. 2,”

Kevin Durant, via Royce Young of Daily Thunder:

Ibaka clearly has support coming from all directions. That’s so fly, it’s a little bit scary. (Sorry.)

1. showtime1911 - May 26, 2014 at 3:35 PM

T.M.I. =too much info -Kerri Hilton

• sportsfan18 - May 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Not for ALL the couples in the world it isn’t…

Folks KNOW what goes on in life.

Geez, when I was 16 yrs old, a bad infection took hold of me quickly, I was at practice in high school and when it ended, I couldn’t drive home but my grandma’s was only a block and a half away.

My GF came over for several hours that evening after not being able to reach me at my house because I wasn’t there (no cell phones in the early 80’s).

I lost 16 lbs in less than 10 days due to what I had and didn’t leave my grandma’s for a week, except to go to the doctor’s the day after I got to my grandma’s.

My GF came back each day for an hour or two…

Dude, with or without telling us, it IS life…

IF more people were nice, caring, respectful of others, they’d have someone in their lives giving them TLC too…

I recommend it.

• mcmystery76 - May 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I hope you’re trolling, but regardless save it for the aol love forums loser

• jimeejohnson - May 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Ok: I will try. Funny thing is, for all my nasty comments about CantonBound13, I have been a fan of his Knicks for over 40 years! That’s not to say I’m a God damn New Yawker!

2. bigmeechy74 - May 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Yep. The creator of the universe used his magical powers to heal serge ibaka in time for the playoffs. Meanwhile kids are starving throughout the world. God is great!!!

• eaglesandravens - May 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Are you doing anything to change that? Otherwise, shut up.

• bigmeechy74 - May 26, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I’m just a mortal man. The creator of the universe could help more than I could. But he is too busy helping serge ibaka

3. coffeeblack95616 - May 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Really? This is a story? Must be a dead news day.

4. coffeeblack95616 - May 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Uh…okay. Whatever is meant by that.

5. cantonb0und13 - May 26, 2014 at 4:04 PM

CantonPeaBrain being a Knicks fan makes a lot of sense. CantonPeaBrain is the James Dolan of PBT. Their both unsuccessful in life and hate LeBron for not signing with the pathetic Knicks.

• jimeejohnson - May 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Let’s just forget the other Cantonbound13. It’s time to rise above his petty, juvenile hate and enjoy basketball. On the other hand, if you want to mock him it’s ok. He’s just not worth even a millisecond more of anyone’s time who isn’t a stupid, coward, hater, LOSER.

• 00maltliquor - May 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM

The gigs up jimee! Lol
        You just unintentionally gave yourself up posting as cantonb0und13 and typing “CantonPeaBrain”. You’re the only one who says that. I knew the whole time it was you! Man I’m good.
        Come clean, fess up! Lol

• 00maltliquor - May 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM

What makes this even more comical is that you logged out, then logged back in under your original alias and responded to yourself but had a bi-polar moment! Yo you can’t make this stuff up! Lol only on p b t.

• mackcarrington - May 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Jimee????

6. jzone954 - May 26, 2014 at 5:36 PM

God is amazing, we take anything and everything for granted.

• bucrightoff - May 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM

“HGH is even more amazing that God”

– 80% of Pro Athletes.

7. bigx21 - May 26, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Keri Hilson with Ibaka??? Damn she chose the wrong man!!!

• thomasvanek - May 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Jealous much? Serge is a great guy. I don’t know what your deal is.

• yesser12 - May 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM

He is a great cook that is probably how he got her. Also he seems like a nice guy.

8. fm31970 - May 26, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Never mind the Thunder’s medical and training staff. I’m sure they had nothing to do with Ibaka being able to play, and clearly they shouldn’t get any credit. *rolls eyes*

9. enigma2742 - May 26, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I DONT KNOW JUST A GUESS BUT SHE LOVE THE NBA PAYCHECKS LOL

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches