May 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Using the words “concussion” and “caught a break” in the same sentence is uncomfortable, but…
If the Pacers caught a break with Paul George’s concussion it’s that there were four days between games, more time for George to heal and pass the league mandated concussion protocol. The Pacers think he will, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
George did not go through a full practice on Thursday, he wore a red no-contact red vest and only took part in some shooting drills. However, coach Frank Vogel said that George had started the protocols to be cleared to play. Those involve passing some mental agility tests (off his previously set baseline) after increasing levels of exertion.
The Pacers and Heat are tied 1-1 with Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals set for Saturday night in Miami. Indiana has played good defense through most of the first two games, but it needs to find more consistent scoring — without George that likely is impossible. Through two games he has 38 points on 11-of-27 (40.7) percent shooting — the Pacers can’t afford not to have him and his shot creation skills.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29