May 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Using the words “concussion” and “caught a break” in the same sentence is uncomfortable, but…
If the Pacers caught a break with Paul George’s concussion it’s that there were four days between games, more time for George to heal and pass the league mandated concussion protocol. The Pacers think he will, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
George did not go through a full practice on Thursday, he wore a red no-contact red vest and only took part in some shooting drills. However, coach Frank Vogel said that George had started the protocols to be cleared to play. Those involve passing some mental agility tests (off his previously set baseline) after increasing levels of exertion.
The Pacers and Heat are tied 1-1 with Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals set for Saturday night in Miami. Indiana has played good defense through most of the first two games, but it needs to find more consistent scoring — without George that likely is impossible. Through two games he has 38 points on 11-of-27 (40.7) percent shooting — the Pacers can’t afford not to have him and his shot creation skills.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 1
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 13
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43