May 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Here’s another reason to go to Orlando in July. Actually, maybe the only good reason to go to Orlando in July, unless you like crowds and humidity.
Nerlens Noel is going to make his professional debut at the Orlando Summer League.
That’s what he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, and what Sixers GM Sam Hinkie basically confirmed.
The Sixers play in the Orlando Summer League from July 5-11. Last year they also participated in the Las Vegas Summer League that immediately followed it, but their participation this summer in Vegas has yet to be confirmed.
The Sixers are going to be interesting at Summer League playing Noel and two lottery picks.
Come next regular season they will have the wily veteran Michael Carter-Williams (in his second season, he could play Summer League) leading all those rookies. Plus Thaddeus Young (unless they can trade him). They are not going to win a lot of games, but they will be interesting.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22