May 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Here’s another reason to go to Orlando in July. Actually, maybe the only good reason to go to Orlando in July, unless you like crowds and humidity.
Nerlens Noel is going to make his professional debut at the Orlando Summer League.
That’s what he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, and what Sixers GM Sam Hinkie basically confirmed.
The Sixers play in the Orlando Summer League from July 5-11. Last year they also participated in the Las Vegas Summer League that immediately followed it, but their participation this summer in Vegas has yet to be confirmed.
The Sixers are going to be interesting at Summer League playing Noel and two lottery picks.
Come next regular season they will have the wily veteran Michael Carter-Williams (in his second season, he could play Summer League) leading all those rookies. Plus Thaddeus Young (unless they can trade him). They are not going to win a lot of games, but they will be interesting.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48