May 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Here’s another reason to go to Orlando in July. Actually, maybe the only good reason to go to Orlando in July, unless you like crowds and humidity.
Nerlens Noel is going to make his professional debut at the Orlando Summer League.
That’s what he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, and what Sixers GM Sam Hinkie basically confirmed.
The Sixers play in the Orlando Summer League from July 5-11. Last year they also participated in the Las Vegas Summer League that immediately followed it, but their participation this summer in Vegas has yet to be confirmed.
The Sixers are going to be interesting at Summer League playing Noel and two lottery picks.
Come next regular season they will have the wily veteran Michael Carter-Williams (in his second season, he could play Summer League) leading all those rookies. Plus Thaddeus Young (unless they can trade him). They are not going to win a lot of games, but they will be interesting.
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23