May 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Here’s another reason to go to Orlando in July. Actually, maybe the only good reason to go to Orlando in July, unless you like crowds and humidity.
Nerlens Noel is going to make his professional debut at the Orlando Summer League.
That’s what he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, and what Sixers GM Sam Hinkie basically confirmed.
The Sixers play in the Orlando Summer League from July 5-11. Last year they also participated in the Las Vegas Summer League that immediately followed it, but their participation this summer in Vegas has yet to be confirmed.
The Sixers are going to be interesting at Summer League playing Noel and two lottery picks.
Come next regular season they will have the wily veteran Michael Carter-Williams (in his second season, he could play Summer League) leading all those rookies. Plus Thaddeus Young (unless they can trade him). They are not going to win a lot of games, but they will be interesting.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 1
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33