May 23, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
On a Bobcats team that struggled to score last season Gerald Henderson was one of their more reliable options, averaging 14 points a game (although with a below-average true shooting percentage of .507). Like the entire team he struggled against Miami in the playoffs, averaging just 9.8 points a game on 38 percent shooting.
Apparently a wrist injury had something to do with that — he recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right wrist to remove scar tissue, the team announced on Friday.
Henderson will be in a cast for two weeks then start the rehabilitation process. He will be ready to go for training camp.
Henderson has two year, $12 million remaining on his contract (the second of those years is a player option, one he is very likely to pick up).
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3