May 23, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
On a Bobcats team that struggled to score last season Gerald Henderson was one of their more reliable options, averaging 14 points a game (although with a below-average true shooting percentage of .507). Like the entire team he struggled against Miami in the playoffs, averaging just 9.8 points a game on 38 percent shooting.
Apparently a wrist injury had something to do with that — he recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right wrist to remove scar tissue, the team announced on Friday.
Henderson will be in a cast for two weeks then start the rehabilitation process. He will be ready to go for training camp.
Henderson has two year, $12 million remaining on his contract (the second of those years is a player option, one he is very likely to pick up).
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 67
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11