May 23, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
On a Bobcats team that struggled to score last season Gerald Henderson was one of their more reliable options, averaging 14 points a game (although with a below-average true shooting percentage of .507). Like the entire team he struggled against Miami in the playoffs, averaging just 9.8 points a game on 38 percent shooting.
Apparently a wrist injury had something to do with that — he recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right wrist to remove scar tissue, the team announced on Friday.
Henderson will be in a cast for two weeks then start the rehabilitation process. He will be ready to go for training camp.
Henderson has two year, $12 million remaining on his contract (the second of those years is a player option, one he is very likely to pick up).
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80