May 23, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
On a Bobcats team that struggled to score last season Gerald Henderson was one of their more reliable options, averaging 14 points a game (although with a below-average true shooting percentage of .507). Like the entire team he struggled against Miami in the playoffs, averaging just 9.8 points a game on 38 percent shooting.
Apparently a wrist injury had something to do with that — he recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right wrist to remove scar tissue, the team announced on Friday.
Henderson will be in a cast for two weeks then start the rehabilitation process. He will be ready to go for training camp.
Henderson has two year, $12 million remaining on his contract (the second of those years is a player option, one he is very likely to pick up).
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8