May 22, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
I can give you 12 million reasons Kevin Garnett will return to the Brooklyn Nets next season.
Okay, it’s more than just that, I imagine the way the season went and with it ending at the hands of LeBron James and the Miami Heat didn’t sit well, he’d like another shot. Watching him try to coach on the sidelines in the playoffs you can tell he still has a passion for the game.
Still, there were some reports he would potentially retire after this season, especially after he struggled in the postseason.
Still, all indications have been — despite the drop in production this season — Garnett will be back in Brooklyn for what would be the 20th season of his stellar NBA career. The fact is $12 million is an awful lot of money – no matter how much you’ve made in the past – and after playing much, much better over the final few months of the season, it would be easy to see Garnett agreeing to rejoin Pierce for one final season in Brooklyn before riding off into the sunset next summer.
So, how do you use KG next year?
He struggled playing the four yearly in the season next to Brook Lopez, shooting 36.4 percent in the team’s first 31 games. But after Lopez went down for the season with an injury and Garnett had to move over to the five in a small-ball lineup, he thrived shooting 55 percent.
Brook Lopez will be back next season, so how does coach Jason Kidd put both of them in position to thrive next year? Kidd has some work to do next season.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11