May 22, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
I can give you 12 million reasons Kevin Garnett will return to the Brooklyn Nets next season.
Okay, it’s more than just that, I imagine the way the season went and with it ending at the hands of LeBron James and the Miami Heat didn’t sit well, he’d like another shot. Watching him try to coach on the sidelines in the playoffs you can tell he still has a passion for the game.
Still, there were some reports he would potentially retire after this season, especially after he struggled in the postseason.
Still, all indications have been — despite the drop in production this season — Garnett will be back in Brooklyn for what would be the 20th season of his stellar NBA career. The fact is $12 million is an awful lot of money – no matter how much you’ve made in the past – and after playing much, much better over the final few months of the season, it would be easy to see Garnett agreeing to rejoin Pierce for one final season in Brooklyn before riding off into the sunset next summer.
So, how do you use KG next year?
He struggled playing the four yearly in the season next to Brook Lopez, shooting 36.4 percent in the team’s first 31 games. But after Lopez went down for the season with an injury and Garnett had to move over to the five in a small-ball lineup, he thrived shooting 55 percent.
Brook Lopez will be back next season, so how does coach Jason Kidd put both of them in position to thrive next year? Kidd has some work to do next season.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 2
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6