May 22, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
This wasn’t a great rookie class.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s acknowledge the guys who had the best rookie seasons — the NBA has announced its All-Rookie teams (as voted on by 125 media members). Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams and runner-up Victor Oladipo were the leading vote getters, not surprisingly.
These guys may not be future All-Stars but the guys who made the cut look to be solid NBA rotation players for their teams for years to come. Giannis Antetokounmpo is the one guy who could prove that last sentence wrong, the Bucks forward may be the best player out of this class in three years and his ceiling is almost as high as he can leap.
Here is the list:
NBA All-Rookie First Team (Team and points)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (Team and points)
Others receiving votes: Ben McLemore, Sacramento, 63 (4); Pero Antic, Atlanta, 62 (10); Nick Calathes Memphis, 39 (2); Ryan Kelly, L.A. Lakers, 29; Matthew Dellavedova, Cleveland, 20 (3); Nate Wolters, Milwaukee, 20; Ray McCallum, Sacramento, 8; Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Detroit, 6; Hollis Thompson, Philadelphia, 5; Tony Snell, Chicago, 4; Phil Pressey, Boston, 2; Anthony Bennett, Cleveland, 1; Reggie Bullock, L.A. Clippers, 1; Robert Covington, Houston, 1; Alex Len, Phoenix, 1; C.J. McCollum, Portland, 1; Shabazz Muhammad, Minnesota, 1; Andre Roberson, Oklahoma City, 1; Jeff Withey, New Orleans, 1.
Yes, Anthony Bennett got a second team vote, that came from Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News. Ask him, I don’t know.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 2
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9