May 22, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
The Lakers’ sustained success is rather incredible. If, in any year, you say they had a pretty good season, you’d probably be right.
This year just happens to be one of the exceptions.
That didn’t stop a Los Angeles restaurant from congratulating the Lakers on an “amazing playoff run” (hat tip: Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie):
There are a few possibilities here.
1. The restaurant knows what happened this season and is just trolling the Lakers.
2. The restaurant confused the Lakers and Clippers, who not only made the postseason but won a series.
3. The restaurant purposefully concocted an “erroneous” ad to drum up attention. Its follow-up explanation is a little too on point: “We don’t have a lot time for twitting–or much else. Being wholly focused on food and all.”
My guess is No. 3, but that’s still a job well done.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 36
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 28
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3