May 22, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
The Lakers’ sustained success is rather incredible. If, in any year, you say they had a pretty good season, you’d probably be right.
This year just happens to be one of the exceptions.
That didn’t stop a Los Angeles restaurant from congratulating the Lakers on an “amazing playoff run” (hat tip: Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie):
There are a few possibilities here.
1. The restaurant knows what happened this season and is just trolling the Lakers.
2. The restaurant confused the Lakers and Clippers, who not only made the postseason but won a series.
3. The restaurant purposefully concocted an “erroneous” ad to drum up attention. Its follow-up explanation is a little too on point: “We don’t have a lot time for twitting–or much else. Being wholly focused on food and all.”
My guess is No. 3, but that’s still a job well done.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32