May 22, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
The Lakers’ sustained success is rather incredible. If, in any year, you say they had a pretty good season, you’d probably be right.
This year just happens to be one of the exceptions.
That didn’t stop a Los Angeles restaurant from congratulating the Lakers on an “amazing playoff run” (hat tip: Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie):
There are a few possibilities here.
1. The restaurant knows what happened this season and is just trolling the Lakers.
2. The restaurant confused the Lakers and Clippers, who not only made the postseason but won a series.
3. The restaurant purposefully concocted an “erroneous” ad to drum up attention. Its follow-up explanation is a little too on point: “We don’t have a lot time for twitting–or much else. Being wholly focused on food and all.”
My guess is No. 3, but that’s still a job well done.
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17