May 22, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Danny Green has been here before.
In last season’s championship round loss to the Heat, he set a Finals record for three-pointers made in a series. Against the Thunder in Game 2 of this year’s Conference Finals, there were no records set, but Green lit it up from beyond the arc, and helped set the blowout in motion.
Green drained seven threes in all before things got completely out of hand, all of which can be seen in the video clip above. The things that stand out are the quick release, the Thunder continually being so late to close out, and the way the ball almost never touches the rim before it splashes home.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7