Watch every 3-pointer Stephen Curry made this season

May 21, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT

Stephen Curry made “just” 261 3-pointers this season, a small drop from his record-setting 272 last season.

They’re still breathtaking.

If you have 17 spare minutes, watch Curry use his quick release to sling 3-pointers from all over the court. He’s an incredible long-range sniper – likely to retire as the best 3-point shooter in NBA history.

Nobody has made more 3-pointers in their first five seasons than Curry, who’s hit 905 in his career. In fact, the difference between Curry and second-place Ben Gordon is great than the difference between Gordon and 15th-place Kirk Hinrich.

Curry already ranks in the top 100 of career 3-pointers made. Another season should get him into the top 50. Nobody else in the top 125 has as high a 3-point percentage as Curry (44 percent).

The numbers are incredible. Watching him shoot from beyond the arc is even more amazing.

1. progress2011 - May 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Working on changing my shot …right NOW…hahahahah!

Curry’s shot is so fluid. It’s one continual motion vs many other shooters that have a more mechanical motion that stops the ball at the shoulder and then launch.

I’ve been practicing the shot for about a year. It is definitely an easier shot and even increases your range because of the motion and launch method.

I have no dreams of achieving his consistency etc….but the young fella’s at the Y better get ready to get it outta the nets…..ahahahahaha

2. chicagosports2014 - May 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Hand down, man down!

3. norcalsportsknowledge - May 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Next year he’ll probably have more with a more fluid offense that makes it harder to double team him.

4. antistratfordian - May 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM

He’d actually be a better player if he cut down his three point attempts and worked more on penetrating and finishing.

• progress2011 - May 21, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Anti,

I agree he has ball handling skills and can effortlessly get to the rack whenever he wants.

But his ankles are as fragile as a China doll. I think if he went to the basket more, one of those ankles might pop off entirely.

I’d hate to see his career sidelined like D-Rose due to injury and going to the basket.

Do you think his 160 lb (soaking wet) body and two bad ankles could handle going to the rack?

• antistratfordian - May 21, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I think the risk of ankle sprain shooting threes is about the same. When you go up to shoot you never know what you’re going to come down on. If you ask Kobe Bryant he’ll say that some defenders go after your ankles out there on purpose.

But yes I do think he can handle going to the rack more. Tony Parker is not exactly a man of steel, but he still attacks the paint aggressively. I do think Curry needs to mix more Parker into his game.

Hey, you can either stay the same and be a very good player, or you can expand your game, risk more punishment, and be the absolute best player you can possibly be. I don’t know – that’s up to Curry and Kerr now.

But I guess if anyone is going to shoot that many threes, it might as well be him…

5. progress2011 - May 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM

All good points Anti,

I did notice, when he landed after taking many of the shots, he was within inches of landing on a defenders foot.

I enjoy watching the young-fella play. The league has a plethora of guards, I could watch play EVERY nite….Parker, Lillard, Curry, Westbrook, CP3 and others.

I feel deprived, since D-Rose has been limited by injuries. Hope he gets well soon.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches