May 21, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
Stephen Curry made “just” 261 3-pointers this season, a small drop from his record-setting 272 last season.
They’re still breathtaking.
If you have 17 spare minutes, watch Curry use his quick release to sling 3-pointers from all over the court. He’s an incredible long-range sniper – likely to retire as the best 3-point shooter in NBA history.
Nobody has made more 3-pointers in their first five seasons than Curry, who’s hit 905 in his career. In fact, the difference between Curry and second-place Ben Gordon is great than the difference between Gordon and 15th-place Kirk Hinrich.
Curry already ranks in the top 100 of career 3-pointers made. Another season should get him into the top 50. Nobody else in the top 125 has as high a 3-point percentage as Curry (44 percent).
The numbers are incredible. Watching him shoot from beyond the arc is even more amazing.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 26
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 12
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 52
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28