May 21, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Stephen Curry made “just” 261 3-pointers this season, a small drop from his record-setting 272 last season.
They’re still breathtaking.
If you have 17 spare minutes, watch Curry use his quick release to sling 3-pointers from all over the court. He’s an incredible long-range sniper – likely to retire as the best 3-point shooter in NBA history.
Nobody has made more 3-pointers in their first five seasons than Curry, who’s hit 905 in his career. In fact, the difference between Curry and second-place Ben Gordon is great than the difference between Gordon and 15th-place Kirk Hinrich.
Curry already ranks in the top 100 of career 3-pointers made. Another season should get him into the top 50. Nobody else in the top 125 has as high a 3-point percentage as Curry (44 percent).
The numbers are incredible. Watching him shoot from beyond the arc is even more amazing.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 10
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32