May 21, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Stephen Curry made “just” 261 3-pointers this season, a small drop from his record-setting 272 last season.
They’re still breathtaking.
If you have 17 spare minutes, watch Curry use his quick release to sling 3-pointers from all over the court. He’s an incredible long-range sniper – likely to retire as the best 3-point shooter in NBA history.
Nobody has made more 3-pointers in their first five seasons than Curry, who’s hit 905 in his career. In fact, the difference between Curry and second-place Ben Gordon is great than the difference between Gordon and 15th-place Kirk Hinrich.
Curry already ranks in the top 100 of career 3-pointers made. Another season should get him into the top 50. Nobody else in the top 125 has as high a 3-point percentage as Curry (44 percent).
The numbers are incredible. Watching him shoot from beyond the arc is even more amazing.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 7
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29