May 21, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Stephen Curry made “just” 261 3-pointers this season, a small drop from his record-setting 272 last season.
They’re still breathtaking.
If you have 17 spare minutes, watch Curry use his quick release to sling 3-pointers from all over the court. He’s an incredible long-range sniper – likely to retire as the best 3-point shooter in NBA history.
Nobody has made more 3-pointers in their first five seasons than Curry, who’s hit 905 in his career. In fact, the difference between Curry and second-place Ben Gordon is great than the difference between Gordon and 15th-place Kirk Hinrich.
Curry already ranks in the top 100 of career 3-pointers made. Another season should get him into the top 50. Nobody else in the top 125 has as high a 3-point percentage as Curry (44 percent).
The numbers are incredible. Watching him shoot from beyond the arc is even more amazing.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 20
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10