May 21, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Serge Ibaka has a blog.
As you all know, I suffered an injury in the sixth game of the Conference Semifinals against the Los Angeles Clippers. This means I am not able to play in the Conference Finals against the San Antonio Spurs. It’s a difficult moment because this is the most important time of the year. All the work done during the summer and preparation during the season is focused on being ready and at your best when the Playoffs arrive, so it’s obviously disappointing not to be able to help my team on the court.
If that wasn’t clear enough, here is what Thunder coach Scott Brooks said at shootaround on Wednesday morning before Game 2, via Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.
Ibaka injured his calf in the game against the Clippers, a strain serious enough it will take weeks to recover.
The Spurs 66 points in the paint and 25-of-29 shooting in the restricted area in Game 1 shows just how much Ibaka’s length and defensive presence is missed. He cleans up a lot of Thunder defensive mistakes and with him not there Brooks was scrambling trying to find lineups that worked, once that could both defend the Spurs and put points on the board.
If Brooks doesn’t find something that works before Game 2 this could be a shorter series than we all predicted.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 0
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 3
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 10
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17