May 21, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
For the third time in four years, the Cleveland Cavaliers have the top pick in the draft. After some dubious picks in recent years — hello Anthony Bennett! — new GM David Griffin is on the clock for the Cavaliers.
Kay Adams asks me what direction the Cavs should go and I have three words of advice for Griffin.
After that we talk about the draft night’s biggest loser — sorry Stan Van Gundy — and then we ask if the draft order changes the Kevin Love sweepstakes at all. It doesn’t because Love would not re-sign in Cleveland or the other top teams in the draft (and no, LeBron James is not coming to Cleveland either, that is fun speculation but is about as realistic as alien abduction stories, no matter how much ink some outlets give it, sorry).
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31