May 21, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
For the third time in four years, the Cleveland Cavaliers have the top pick in the draft. After some dubious picks in recent years — hello Anthony Bennett! — new GM David Griffin is on the clock for the Cavaliers.
Kay Adams asks me what direction the Cavs should go and I have three words of advice for Griffin.
After that we talk about the draft night’s biggest loser — sorry Stan Van Gundy — and then we ask if the draft order changes the Kevin Love sweepstakes at all. It doesn’t because Love would not re-sign in Cleveland or the other top teams in the draft (and no, LeBron James is not coming to Cleveland either, that is fun speculation but is about as realistic as alien abduction stories, no matter how much ink some outlets give it, sorry).
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13