May 21, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
For the third time in four years, the Cleveland Cavaliers have the top pick in the draft. After some dubious picks in recent years — hello Anthony Bennett! — new GM David Griffin is on the clock for the Cavaliers.
Kay Adams asks me what direction the Cavs should go and I have three words of advice for Griffin.
After that we talk about the draft night’s biggest loser — sorry Stan Van Gundy — and then we ask if the draft order changes the Kevin Love sweepstakes at all. It doesn’t because Love would not re-sign in Cleveland or the other top teams in the draft (and no, LeBron James is not coming to Cleveland either, that is fun speculation but is about as realistic as alien abduction stories, no matter how much ink some outlets give it, sorry).
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 0
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 2
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 45
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 23
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14