May 21, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
For the third time in four years, the Cleveland Cavaliers have the top pick in the draft. After some dubious picks in recent years — hello Anthony Bennett! — new GM David Griffin is on the clock for the Cavaliers.
Kay Adams asks me what direction the Cavs should go and I have three words of advice for Griffin.
After that we talk about the draft night’s biggest loser — sorry Stan Van Gundy — and then we ask if the draft order changes the Kevin Love sweepstakes at all. It doesn’t because Love would not re-sign in Cleveland or the other top teams in the draft (and no, LeBron James is not coming to Cleveland either, that is fun speculation but is about as realistic as alien abduction stories, no matter how much ink some outlets give it, sorry).
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5