May 21, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
For the third time in four years, the Cleveland Cavaliers have the top pick in the draft. After some dubious picks in recent years — hello Anthony Bennett! — new GM David Griffin is on the clock for the Cavaliers.
Kay Adams asks me what direction the Cavs should go and I have three words of advice for Griffin.
After that we talk about the draft night’s biggest loser — sorry Stan Van Gundy — and then we ask if the draft order changes the Kevin Love sweepstakes at all. It doesn’t because Love would not re-sign in Cleveland or the other top teams in the draft (and no, LeBron James is not coming to Cleveland either, that is fun speculation but is about as realistic as alien abduction stories, no matter how much ink some outlets give it, sorry).
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4