May 21, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson earned that one.
Make no mistake, he was the best player on the court for three quarters Tuesday night and during this third quarter run he was keeping the Pacers just ahead of the Heat. Stephenson finished the game with 25 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists.
But what you see above was a blatant flop, he tried to draw a foul on LeBron James, so the league came down on Wednesday and fined Stephenson $5,000 for the flop.
Stephenson was fined during the regular season for flopping, and last year in the Eastern Conference Finals both he and LeBron were fined for flopping. He’s got a history.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31