May 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
We’ve heard rumblings and reports that the NBA would implement a centralized video replay center as early as next season, in order to help the officials in the arena more efficiently determine the outcome of reviewable calls in real time.
The league has made it somewhat official, according to a survey it sent out to fans asking for opinions on what they should call this video review location.
“The NBA is in the process of building a central location to aid officials in the review of video replays during games,” the survey said, which the NBA sent out via its Fan Forum program. “The central location will aid officials in the review of video replays during games in an effort to improve the accuracy and speed by which reviews are conducted.”
We’re all for speed and accuracy of reviews, so this is undoubtedly a change for the better. But more importantly, what should we call this place? Here are the names that were suggested:
Replay Operations Center
The Operations Center
NBA Operations Center
Real Time Review Room
Rapid Response Center
Basketball Operations & Video Center
Instant Replay Center
Operations Review Room
The only one that seems silly to me is “Rapid Response Center,” but honestly, it’s unimportant what the repay center is ultimately called. If we can speed up the process and increase the accuracy of calls that fans at home seem to be able to make correctly — even when the officials in the building do not — then it’s a huge step in the right direction, and one that’s sure to improve the viewer experience.
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 0
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13