May 19, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Fresh off coaching Connecticut to the national championship, the former professional player will remain with the Huskies.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
You can bet Ollie will remain a hot name in NBA coaching circles for a while – at least until the Huskies regress. Even then, it will take a little time for his star to stop shining.
Depending on the clauses of the contract, his name will continue to pop up for NBA openings. It’s even possible the language allows him to reconsider this offseason.
But much more likely than not, he signed this deal because he wants to defer any NBA aspirations at least a year.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7