May 19, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Fresh off coaching Connecticut to the national championship, the former professional player will remain with the Huskies.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
You can bet Ollie will remain a hot name in NBA coaching circles for a while – at least until the Huskies regress. Even then, it will take a little time for his star to stop shining.
Depending on the clauses of the contract, his name will continue to pop up for NBA openings. It’s even possible the language allows him to reconsider this offseason.
But much more likely than not, he signed this deal because he wants to defer any NBA aspirations at least a year.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4