May 19, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Fresh off coaching Connecticut to the national championship, the former professional player will remain with the Huskies.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
You can bet Ollie will remain a hot name in NBA coaching circles for a while – at least until the Huskies regress. Even then, it will take a little time for his star to stop shining.
Depending on the clauses of the contract, his name will continue to pop up for NBA openings. It’s even possible the language allows him to reconsider this offseason.
But much more likely than not, he signed this deal because he wants to defer any NBA aspirations at least a year.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12