May 19, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Fresh off coaching Connecticut to the national championship, the former professional player will remain with the Huskies.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
You can bet Ollie will remain a hot name in NBA coaching circles for a while – at least until the Huskies regress. Even then, it will take a little time for his star to stop shining.
Depending on the clauses of the contract, his name will continue to pop up for NBA openings. It’s even possible the language allows him to reconsider this offseason.
But much more likely than not, he signed this deal because he wants to defer any NBA aspirations at least a year.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15