May 19, 2014, 6:58 PM EST
Fresh off coaching Connecticut to the national championship, the former professional player will remain with the Huskies.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
You can bet Ollie will remain a hot name in NBA coaching circles for a while – at least until the Huskies regress. Even then, it will take a little time for his star to stop shining.
Depending on the clauses of the contract, his name will continue to pop up for NBA openings. It’s even possible the language allows him to reconsider this offseason.
But much more likely than not, he signed this deal because he wants to defer any NBA aspirations at least a year.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13