May 19, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Over the course of the regular season, the Indiana Pacers were a slightly below average pick-and-roll team, an offense that struggled to score consistently. Miami had one of the best pick-and-roll defenses in the NBA and, when focused, seemed able to score on anyone.
You wouldn’t know any of that from watching Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
The Pacers offense carved up the Heat defense and that’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. The real question with all of it — was this a one-off, or can the Pacers replicate it?
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9