May 19, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Mark Cuban’s pop culture stardom — Mr. Shark Tank, Mr. Dancing with The Stars, Mr. vocal Dallas Mavericks owner — has reached this point:
Cuban will wave the green flag as the honorary starter of the Indianapolis 500 Sunday, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced.
Cuban is a graduate of Indiana University.
“Whether it’s winning an NBA Championship or the honor of waving the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500, there are certain sporting events that are monumental for any true sports fan,” said Cuban. “I am excited to come back to Indiana, not just to attend, but actually participate in this historic race.”
Cuban used to own one of the most popular bars in Bloomington while in college. What, you expected otherwise?
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 7
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5