May 19, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Mark Cuban’s pop culture stardom — Mr. Shark Tank, Mr. Dancing with The Stars, Mr. vocal Dallas Mavericks owner — has reached this point:
Cuban will wave the green flag as the honorary starter of the Indianapolis 500 Sunday, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced.
Cuban is a graduate of Indiana University.
“Whether it’s winning an NBA Championship or the honor of waving the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500, there are certain sporting events that are monumental for any true sports fan,” said Cuban. “I am excited to come back to Indiana, not just to attend, but actually participate in this historic race.”
Cuban used to own one of the most popular bars in Bloomington while in college. What, you expected otherwise?
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 3
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7