May 19, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Mark Cuban’s pop culture stardom — Mr. Shark Tank, Mr. Dancing with The Stars, Mr. vocal Dallas Mavericks owner — has reached this point:
Cuban will wave the green flag as the honorary starter of the Indianapolis 500 Sunday, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced.
Cuban is a graduate of Indiana University.
“Whether it’s winning an NBA Championship or the honor of waving the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500, there are certain sporting events that are monumental for any true sports fan,” said Cuban. “I am excited to come back to Indiana, not just to attend, but actually participate in this historic race.”
Cuban used to own one of the most popular bars in Bloomington while in college. What, you expected otherwise?
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16