May 19, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Mark Cuban’s pop culture stardom — Mr. Shark Tank, Mr. Dancing with The Stars, Mr. vocal Dallas Mavericks owner — has reached this point:
Cuban will wave the green flag as the honorary starter of the Indianapolis 500 Sunday, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced.
Cuban is a graduate of Indiana University.
“Whether it’s winning an NBA Championship or the honor of waving the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500, there are certain sporting events that are monumental for any true sports fan,” said Cuban. “I am excited to come back to Indiana, not just to attend, but actually participate in this historic race.”
Cuban used to own one of the most popular bars in Bloomington while in college. What, you expected otherwise?
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13