May 18, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Early in the fourth quarter of Game 1 between the Heat and the Pacers, Mario Chalmers shoved C.J. Watson as he elevated to score on a fast break, and predictably, Watson went flying into the table situated along the baseline.
The call was a personal foul for the earlier contact Chalmers made on the play, with a flagrant-one tacked on following the review by the officials.
Really a silly foul by Chalmers here, considering the Heat were surging a bit and had trimmed a lead that reached as many as 19 points to within a more manageable margin.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 2
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 20
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38