May 18, 2014, 5:49 PM EST
Early in the fourth quarter of Game 1 between the Heat and the Pacers, Mario Chalmers shoved C.J. Watson as he elevated to score on a fast break, and predictably, Watson went flying into the table situated along the baseline.
The call was a personal foul for the earlier contact Chalmers made on the play, with a flagrant-one tacked on following the review by the officials.
Really a silly foul by Chalmers here, considering the Heat were surging a bit and had trimmed a lead that reached as many as 19 points to within a more manageable margin.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11