May 18, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Early in the fourth quarter of Game 1 between the Heat and the Pacers, Mario Chalmers shoved C.J. Watson as he elevated to score on a fast break, and predictably, Watson went flying into the table situated along the baseline.
The call was a personal foul for the earlier contact Chalmers made on the play, with a flagrant-one tacked on following the review by the officials.
Really a silly foul by Chalmers here, considering the Heat were surging a bit and had trimmed a lead that reached as many as 19 points to within a more manageable margin.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49