May 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
This play exemplifies almost exactly how the majority of Game 1 between the Heat and the Pacers has materialized.
Late in the second quarter, Lance Stephenson got the ball in transition and found himself with the opportunity to take LeBron James into the low post. Rather than wait for a better matchup or deciding to swing the ball to a teammate, Stephenson took it right at James, backing him down before using a fake to score over his defender with the left hand at the rim.
Indiana was getting whatever it wanted offensively for the bulk of the afternoon, and the score has reflected it thus far, with the Pacers leading by as many 19 points late in the third quarter.
[via James Herbert at EOB]
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6