May 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
This play exemplifies almost exactly how the majority of Game 1 between the Heat and the Pacers has materialized.
Late in the second quarter, Lance Stephenson got the ball in transition and found himself with the opportunity to take LeBron James into the low post. Rather than wait for a better matchup or deciding to swing the ball to a teammate, Stephenson took it right at James, backing him down before using a fake to score over his defender with the left hand at the rim.
Indiana was getting whatever it wanted offensively for the bulk of the afternoon, and the score has reflected it thus far, with the Pacers leading by as many 19 points late in the third quarter.
[via James Herbert at EOB]
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 40
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 60
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3