Highlights from the regular season battles between the Heat and the Pacers (VIDEO)

May 18, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

The Heat and the Pacers will tip off the Eastern Conference Finals on Sunday, and given the recent history between the two teams, a certain amount of bad blood is completely understandable.

Miami and Indiana split the regular season series, but all four contests had that playoff vibe to them because they seemed to be foreshadowing this very playoff rematch.

Check out the video clip above to get hyped for this series, Game 1 of which gets going at 3:30 p.m. ET.

1. money2long - May 18, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Mad I’m probably gonna miss game one.

• 22yearsagotoday - May 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM

As long as you don’t miss game 7,

• basketballhooper1 - May 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Idk about you guys but i cant wait until game 9

2. thevikesarebest - May 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I got highlights from the la lakers 2013-14 season………THE END.

• money2long - May 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM

How original.
      I can tell you plagiarized in school

• jimeejohnson - May 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Take it easy, bro. Lakers sucked this year but they are a great franchise that won’t be down long.

• money2long - May 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM

People throw around phrases like calm down and take it easy and let it to so loosely.
        I didn’t put a gun to his head

3. ProBasketballPundit - May 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM

This will be a great series. I guarantee you Miami doesn’t give two crap about everything that’s happened with the Pacers before today. They know Hibbert & West give them a lot of problems and I can’t wait to see what Spoelstra comes up with to counteract them. I predict Miami in 6 but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a toss-up Game 7 between these two teams.

• jimeejohnson - May 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Your comments are consistently excellent.

• ProBasketballPundit - May 18, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Is that sarcasm because lately everybody has been telling me I’m certifiably insane and that I’ve lost all credibility. I was kind of sad because blog-commentary credibility is so important to me. (sarcasm)

By now there’s definitely a few guys I know to automatically downvote. Adoombray, kb204, cantonbound are the obvious ones.

4. thevikesarebest - May 18, 2014 at 11:21 AM

^If I were a laker fan and knew my team would be hot trash for the next 10 years,I would too focus my attention on school and grammar considering how slow most faker fans are.

• money2long - May 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Let’s start with your childhood.
      Why are you harbor so much aggression ?
      Were you beaten as a child ?
      Molested by a camp counselor ?

• jimeejohnson - May 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM

That Minnesota winter has dulled your brain.

5. jzone954 - May 18, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Oh so money “too long” your a lakers fan I see….makes sense

• money2long - May 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I was not trying to display any fandom.
      I attack anything illogical.

6. jzone954 - May 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM

It’s happens to every franchise. It’s time comes and goes. If you wanna be a laker fan holding on to the past thinking it will repeat itself? You have every right to. But your in denial to think the lakers are just gonna be ok and just rise back to the top, that all they had was a bad season. Reality is Kobe is ALOT older coming off of back to back leg injuries. Trust me,it will matter. Who your coach? Who else is on your team? Like I said. Those days are over.

7. 1972wasalongtimeago - May 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM

On #HeatTwitter today, read a comment that sums it up perfectly. I completely trust the Miami Heat in this series. They’ve earned it. They’ve never let us down. (Yeah yeah yeah, 2011. In 2011 was a shell of the team we’ve become and we still beat the MVP bulls and the championship celtics in the playoffs and it took heaven and earth for the Mavs to beat us in 6. The 2011 team overachieved). In other words, the Heat knows what’s it’s doing. I trust the coaches & I trust the players.

Can anyone except San Antonio say the same thing about their team?

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches