Kevin Durant gives his shoes to Bubba Watson after win over Clippers (VIDEO)

May 17, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT

Following the Thunder’s series-clinching victory over the Clippers, Kevin Durant did his customary walk-off interview and as soon as it was over, he removed his shoes and jogged over to deliver them to a courtside fan in attendance.

The recipient of the shoes was none other than professional golfer and two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson.

The two have apparently grown to become fast friends, via Jason Sobel of GolfChannel.com:

“I sent some messages back to Kevin Durant, when that article came out, or the headline came out, which was one of the dumbest headlines I’ve ever seen. [A recent headline in the Daily Oklahoman called him “Mr. Unreliable.”] I guess it worked, because it inspired him a little bit, or maybe it’s my text message that inspired him. We’ll go with that.”

Not a bad perk for a fellow professional athlete — courtside seats, game-worn shoes, and a friendship with the NBA’s reigning MVP.

[via Larry Brown Sports]

1. vanmorrissey - May 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I’m thinking Bubba wanted themt to auction off at a charity event.

2. vanmorrissey - May 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I’m thinking Bubba wanted them to auction off at a charity event.

3. kb2408 - May 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I would like to give billbitely53 my shoe, with my foot still in it…courtesy of a swift round house kick to the dome!!

4. money2long - May 17, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Kevin durant. You are blessed.

5. rodyaugu - May 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Y’all late.

6. jacobk621 - May 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Might as well changer your drawers cause they got holes in them like your lame jokes ,, give it up nazi boy the gig is up

7. sportsfan18 - May 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM

you need new material hater… you’ve posted this same response to several articles on here now…

go buy a large bag of fortune cookies… you’ll get new material that way…

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches