May 16, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
During last night’s telecast of Thunder-Clippers Game 6, Jeff Van Gundy joked Rihanna was stalking him.
ESPN sideline report Lisa Salters had to get to the bottom of it, so she asked Rihanna, who was sitting courtside. To Van Gundy’s chagrin, Rihanna didn’t even know Van Gundy (hat tip: James Herbert of Eye on Basketball):
Durant and Rihanna are both represented by Jay Z, Durant with Jay’s sports agency and Rihanna with his record label. But I don’t think that’s that’s the only reason Rihanna is more impressed with Durant.
If Van Gundy could score 39 points and grab 16 rebounds in a closeout playoff game, maybe he’d be getting tweets like this:
No word on whether Van Gundy introduced himself to Rihanna.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28