May 16, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
During last night’s telecast of Thunder-Clippers Game 6, Jeff Van Gundy joked Rihanna was stalking him.
ESPN sideline report Lisa Salters had to get to the bottom of it, so she asked Rihanna, who was sitting courtside. To Van Gundy’s chagrin, Rihanna didn’t even know Van Gundy (hat tip: James Herbert of Eye on Basketball):
Durant and Rihanna are both represented by Jay Z, Durant with Jay’s sports agency and Rihanna with his record label. But I don’t think that’s that’s the only reason Rihanna is more impressed with Durant.
If Van Gundy could score 39 points and grab 16 rebounds in a closeout playoff game, maybe he’d be getting tweets like this:
No word on whether Van Gundy introduced himself to Rihanna.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 62
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31