May 16, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
During last night’s telecast of Thunder-Clippers Game 6, Jeff Van Gundy joked Rihanna was stalking him.
ESPN sideline report Lisa Salters had to get to the bottom of it, so she asked Rihanna, who was sitting courtside. To Van Gundy’s chagrin, Rihanna didn’t even know Van Gundy (hat tip: James Herbert of Eye on Basketball):
Durant and Rihanna are both represented by Jay Z, Durant with Jay’s sports agency and Rihanna with his record label. But I don’t think that’s that’s the only reason Rihanna is more impressed with Durant.
If Van Gundy could score 39 points and grab 16 rebounds in a closeout playoff game, maybe he’d be getting tweets like this:
No word on whether Van Gundy introduced himself to Rihanna.
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 0
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 20
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16