May 16, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
During last night’s telecast of Thunder-Clippers Game 6, Jeff Van Gundy joked Rihanna was stalking him.
ESPN sideline report Lisa Salters had to get to the bottom of it, so she asked Rihanna, who was sitting courtside. To Van Gundy’s chagrin, Rihanna didn’t even know Van Gundy (hat tip: James Herbert of Eye on Basketball):
Durant and Rihanna are both represented by Jay Z, Durant with Jay’s sports agency and Rihanna with his record label. But I don’t think that’s that’s the only reason Rihanna is more impressed with Durant.
If Van Gundy could score 39 points and grab 16 rebounds in a closeout playoff game, maybe he’d be getting tweets like this:
No word on whether Van Gundy introduced himself to Rihanna.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10