May 16, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
This is funny:
This is not:
That came late in the fourth quarter of the Clippers’ elimination loss to the Thunder last night. Chris Paul (questionably) and Blake Griffin (clearly) committed offensive fouls on back-to-back possessions, and the boos rained down.
So did a couple drinks.
Two fans don’t represent a fan base, but when this happens in certain markets – ahem, Detroit – it gets blown up into something big. And that was true even before the Malice at The Palace. In Los Angeles, though, it gets glossed over.
There are idiot fans everywhere. Hopefully a couple fewer at the Staples Center in the future.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10