May 16, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
This is funny:
This is not:
That came late in the fourth quarter of the Clippers’ elimination loss to the Thunder last night. Chris Paul (questionably) and Blake Griffin (clearly) committed offensive fouls on back-to-back possessions, and the boos rained down.
So did a couple drinks.
Two fans don’t represent a fan base, but when this happens in certain markets – ahem, Detroit – it gets blown up into something big. And that was true even before the Malice at The Palace. In Los Angeles, though, it gets glossed over.
There are idiot fans everywhere. Hopefully a couple fewer at the Staples Center in the future.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15