May 16, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
This is funny:
This is not:
That came late in the fourth quarter of the Clippers’ elimination loss to the Thunder last night. Chris Paul (questionably) and Blake Griffin (clearly) committed offensive fouls on back-to-back possessions, and the boos rained down.
So did a couple drinks.
Two fans don’t represent a fan base, but when this happens in certain markets – ahem, Detroit – it gets blown up into something big. And that was true even before the Malice at The Palace. In Los Angeles, though, it gets glossed over.
There are idiot fans everywhere. Hopefully a couple fewer at the Staples Center in the future.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17