May 16, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
This is funny:
This is not:
That came late in the fourth quarter of the Clippers’ elimination loss to the Thunder last night. Chris Paul (questionably) and Blake Griffin (clearly) committed offensive fouls on back-to-back possessions, and the boos rained down.
So did a couple drinks.
Two fans don’t represent a fan base, but when this happens in certain markets – ahem, Detroit – it gets blown up into something big. And that was true even before the Malice at The Palace. In Los Angeles, though, it gets glossed over.
There are idiot fans everywhere. Hopefully a couple fewer at the Staples Center in the future.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25