May 16, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
This is funny:
This is not:
That came late in the fourth quarter of the Clippers’ elimination loss to the Thunder last night. Chris Paul (questionably) and Blake Griffin (clearly) committed offensive fouls on back-to-back possessions, and the boos rained down.
So did a couple drinks.
Two fans don’t represent a fan base, but when this happens in certain markets – ahem, Detroit – it gets blown up into something big. And that was true even before the Malice at The Palace. In Los Angeles, though, it gets glossed over.
There are idiot fans everywhere. Hopefully a couple fewer at the Staples Center in the future.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3