May 16, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
The Bobcats can’t win the NBA lottery.
But the Hornets?
Well… they can’t either. Charlotte made the playoffs for just the second time in franchise history, and its pick from the Pistons is top-eight protected.
Still, the Hornets – and not the Bobcats – have a shot at the No. 9, 10 or 11 pick from the Pistons.
This is a great change for Charlotte, which actually has historic ties to the Hornets nickname. It’s a real step up from Bobcats.
Tuesday is also a momentous day for fans everywhere – a big chance to screw up the distinctions between the Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Pelicans. Some old-timers might even throw the New Orleans Jazz and Utah Jazz into the mix. Should be fun!
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32