May 15, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
San Antonio cruised in that game, but the next round won’t be so easy against the Thunder or Clippers. The Spurs, as good a backup as Patty Mills is, probably need Parker to return to the NBA Finals, let alone win them.
Good news on that front.
Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News
Game 6 would have been Friday. Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals will be Sunday at the earliest. That extra leeway can only help.
After Game 5, Tim Duncan said, “I think it’s more precaution than anything. Just don’t want to get him any more hurt.”
If this is an orchestrated attempt by the Spurs to pretend Parker is healthier than he really is, consider me fooled. Sounds like Parker is in the clear.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7