May 15, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
San Antonio cruised in that game, but the next round won’t be so easy against the Thunder or Clippers. The Spurs, as good a backup as Patty Mills is, probably need Parker to return to the NBA Finals, let alone win them.
Good news on that front.
Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News
Game 6 would have been Friday. Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals will be Sunday at the earliest. That extra leeway can only help.
After Game 5, Tim Duncan said, “I think it’s more precaution than anything. Just don’t want to get him any more hurt.”
If this is an orchestrated attempt by the Spurs to pretend Parker is healthier than he really is, consider me fooled. Sounds like Parker is in the clear.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11