May 15, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
San Antonio cruised in that game, but the next round won’t be so easy against the Thunder or Clippers. The Spurs, as good a backup as Patty Mills is, probably need Parker to return to the NBA Finals, let alone win them.
Good news on that front.
Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News
Game 6 would have been Friday. Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals will be Sunday at the earliest. That extra leeway can only help.
After Game 5, Tim Duncan said, “I think it’s more precaution than anything. Just don’t want to get him any more hurt.”
If this is an orchestrated attempt by the Spurs to pretend Parker is healthier than he really is, consider me fooled. Sounds like Parker is in the clear.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28