May 15, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
San Antonio cruised in that game, but the next round won’t be so easy against the Thunder or Clippers. The Spurs, as good a backup as Patty Mills is, probably need Parker to return to the NBA Finals, let alone win them.
Good news on that front.
Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News
Game 6 would have been Friday. Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals will be Sunday at the earliest. That extra leeway can only help.
After Game 5, Tim Duncan said, “I think it’s more precaution than anything. Just don’t want to get him any more hurt.”
If this is an orchestrated attempt by the Spurs to pretend Parker is healthier than he really is, consider me fooled. Sounds like Parker is in the clear.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17