May 15, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
San Antonio cruised in that game, but the next round won’t be so easy against the Thunder or Clippers. The Spurs, as good a backup as Patty Mills is, probably need Parker to return to the NBA Finals, let alone win them.
Good news on that front.
Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News
Game 6 would have been Friday. Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals will be Sunday at the earliest. That extra leeway can only help.
After Game 5, Tim Duncan said, “I think it’s more precaution than anything. Just don’t want to get him any more hurt.”
If this is an orchestrated attempt by the Spurs to pretend Parker is healthier than he really is, consider me fooled. Sounds like Parker is in the clear.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68