May 15, 2014, 8:43 AM EST
There has been some great, thrilling playoff basketball… but that’s not what everybody is talking about. And it’s not the first topic on the latest edition of the PBT Podcast.
Myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss the early dominoes falling in the coaching search game — Stan Van Gundy takes the money (and power) and runs to Detroit, so the Warriors turn their attention to Steve Kerr and land him. Where does that leave Phil Jackson and the Knicks?
Then we do get into some basketball — are we destined for another Heat vs. Spurs final? Did the devastating Game 5 loss end the hopes of the Clippers? We try to discuss the Pacers but does anyone have any idea how they will play next game? Didn’t think so.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5