May 15, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
There has been some great, thrilling playoff basketball… but that’s not what everybody is talking about. And it’s not the first topic on the latest edition of the PBT Podcast.
Myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss the early dominoes falling in the coaching search game — Stan Van Gundy takes the money (and power) and runs to Detroit, so the Warriors turn their attention to Steve Kerr and land him. Where does that leave Phil Jackson and the Knicks?
Then we do get into some basketball — are we destined for another Heat vs. Spurs final? Did the devastating Game 5 loss end the hopes of the Clippers? We try to discuss the Pacers but does anyone have any idea how they will play next game? Didn’t think so.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 17
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14