May 15, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
There has been some great, thrilling playoff basketball… but that’s not what everybody is talking about. And it’s not the first topic on the latest edition of the PBT Podcast.
Myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss the early dominoes falling in the coaching search game — Stan Van Gundy takes the money (and power) and runs to Detroit, so the Warriors turn their attention to Steve Kerr and land him. Where does that leave Phil Jackson and the Knicks?
Then we do get into some basketball — are we destined for another Heat vs. Spurs final? Did the devastating Game 5 loss end the hopes of the Clippers? We try to discuss the Pacers but does anyone have any idea how they will play next game? Didn’t think so.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90