May 15, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
There has been some great, thrilling playoff basketball… but that’s not what everybody is talking about. And it’s not the first topic on the latest edition of the PBT Podcast.
Myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss the early dominoes falling in the coaching search game — Stan Van Gundy takes the money (and power) and runs to Detroit, so the Warriors turn their attention to Steve Kerr and land him. Where does that leave Phil Jackson and the Knicks?
Then we do get into some basketball — are we destined for another Heat vs. Spurs final? Did the devastating Game 5 loss end the hopes of the Clippers? We try to discuss the Pacers but does anyone have any idea how they will play next game? Didn’t think so.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29