May 15, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Portland became a League Pass favorite of mine from early in the season because they were so much fun to watch on offense. The flaws that were their ultimate undoing in the playoffs were there and pretty obvious despite the fast start, but they were fun. Portland kept getting in close games and winning them.
Plus they had Damian Lillard.
He is one of the most dynamic, athletic players in the league. You can’t take your eyes off him (on offense, anyway, avert your eyes at the other end of the court). There’s a reason adidas backed up the Brinks truck to his house.
Along those lines, here are Lillard’s Top 10 plays from this season, as compiled by the fine folks at NBA.com.
Portland and Lillard were part of the reason we couldn’t stop watching this NBA season.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17