May 15, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Portland became a League Pass favorite of mine from early in the season because they were so much fun to watch on offense. The flaws that were their ultimate undoing in the playoffs were there and pretty obvious despite the fast start, but they were fun. Portland kept getting in close games and winning them.
Plus they had Damian Lillard.
He is one of the most dynamic, athletic players in the league. You can’t take your eyes off him (on offense, anyway, avert your eyes at the other end of the court). There’s a reason adidas backed up the Brinks truck to his house.
Along those lines, here are Lillard’s Top 10 plays from this season, as compiled by the fine folks at NBA.com.
Portland and Lillard were part of the reason we couldn’t stop watching this NBA season.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8