May 14, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tonight Brooklyn and Portland could go fishing unless they can pull off the upset on the road.
Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat (Heat lead series 3-1): Miami is in complete control of this series thanks to LeBron James dropping 49 on the Nets in Game 4. They can and should be able to close it out at home Wednesday. At home, the Heat should get more out of their role players but the key for the Nets is to keep the Heat out of the paint, when the Heat get shots at the rim they win, when they are jump shooters Brooklyn has a chance. The Nets could stand to move the ball more and stop running so many isolations for Joe Johnson, they need to play more uptempo on offense. Also, they were 15-of-25 from three in their Game 3 win, 5-of-22 in their Game 4 loss. They need to hit the long ball.
Portland Trail Blazers at San Antonio Spurs (Spurs lead series 3-1). Back in San Antonio, the Spurs should finish off this series tonight. If they do, they’ll have one or four more days off than the winner of Oklahoma City Thunder-Los Angeles Clippers. If Portland pulls the upset, it will likely need its stars — Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge — to play like stars. Unless Will Barton and Thomas Robinson set the tone again, but something tells me either Gregg Popovich or the Spurs’ home-court advantage will take care of those reserves.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13