May 14, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
(Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Russell Westbrook – after haphazardly sprinting behind the 3-point arc and forcing a shot, because Russ is going to Russ – drew a foul that sent him to the line for three free throws with the Thunder down two with 6.4 seconds left in Game 5.
Durant, literally, couldn’t stand to watch.
Westbrook made all three, and Oklahoma City hung on to beat the Clippers – with Durant back on his feet and defending during the final possession.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8