May 14, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
(Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Russell Westbrook – after haphazardly sprinting behind the 3-point arc and forcing a shot, because Russ is going to Russ – drew a foul that sent him to the line for three free throws with the Thunder down two with 6.4 seconds left in Game 5.
Durant, literally, couldn’t stand to watch.
Westbrook made all three, and Oklahoma City hung on to beat the Clippers – with Durant back on his feet and defending during the final possession.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21