May 14, 2014, 10:22 AM EST
(Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Russell Westbrook – after haphazardly sprinting behind the 3-point arc and forcing a shot, because Russ is going to Russ – drew a foul that sent him to the line for three free throws with the Thunder down two with 6.4 seconds left in Game 5.
Durant, literally, couldn’t stand to watch.
Westbrook made all three, and Oklahoma City hung on to beat the Clippers – with Durant back on his feet and defending during the final possession.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18