May 14, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
If you haven’t heard enough from Donald Sterling lately, Mail Online has new audio of the Clippers owner.
In a recorded conversation with Maserati – Really? Maserati? This is where this has gone? – a person believed to be Sterling goes on and on about V. Stiviano.
It’s more of Sterling’s sleazy racism and sexism, and in case you needed confirmation he’s a sleazy racist and sexist, here are some select quotes attributed to Sterling:
- “You could whip me for doing some of the things I did. She’s the most discriminatory person I’ve ever seen. She hates her life. And she looks so different than all the other kids. And she tries so hard to make her skin white. And she does every night.”
- “Every time, she’s going to say, ‘Well, you know, I can’t help it if my skin is black.’ Well, who cares what color your skin is? Open your legs.”
- “Did I tell you what she did for a living? She went and bought three cars, and she leased those cars to illegal people who couldn’t get a license in L.A. Then, she leased houses to people who were foreign people, criminals, who couldn’t get a house, didn’t have the qualifications in terms of didn’t have ID. You know what I mean? So, she bought those houses. I mean, she rented those, and then she rented them to the people.”
- “She asked for money. She said she wanted money. And I said, ‘You know, you never said in the beginning you wanted money, and I gave you money. It was my call. That’s it. OK. OK. OK. I could have stopped her if I had given her more money. But it would have happened next week or two weeks, wouldn’t it?”
- “She wanted more, and she said she was going to get it – or bring me down.”
- “The vast overwhelming amount of white people don’t even see the color, they don’t think about it. I don’t know if black people feel the same way but I’m just telling you – you know if you care to hear it fine if you don’t you know that’s fine too.”
- “Maybe it’s a backlash, maybe there’s been so much racism lately that an incident like that just triggers the emotions of all the people and everybody gets crazy.”
- “I’m so stupid.”
Jul 30, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Pat Riley got beat in free agency, and he doesn’t take losing well.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Scott, not Mike Brown, would have followed Phil Jackson
Jul 30, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
“He’s playing out of his mind. He’s being Derrick Rose.” —Anthony Davis on Rose.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
NBA reportedly wanted Bavetta to retire four years ago
Jul 30, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
The elicits a shrug of the shoulders. Not much else.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
Thunder star texted Davis after winning the award last season: ‘You on your way to get it’
Tony Parker says skipping FIBA World Championships this summer was a way for him to ‘give back to the Spurs’
Jul 30, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Parker has played 91 extra games since his last summer break three seasons ago.
Jul 30, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
“Guys that don’t have a reputation for playing hard defense are picking up full court.” —Damian Lillard on the level of play at Team USA training camp.
Jul 30, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Dallas originally signed Lewis, but voided his contract once it was discovered he would require knee surgery.
Jul 30, 2014, 1:34 PM EDT
Cleveland, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, Toronto and Washington all simply shake their heads.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
World Peace hasn’t drawn legitimate interest from NBA teams, so he’s considering playing overseas.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Silly idea anyway.
Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks
Jul 30, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Just like Love, Bennett is not going to be playing in any games this summer until a deal is done.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Sixers put a multi-year plan together based on current rules, which would be adversely affected with a quick change to the system.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
This was 100 percent guaranteed.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:18 AM EDT
Hayward set to earn $62,965,420 over next four years
Jul 30, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
“Everyone talks about match-ups (with big teams such as Spain), people have to match-up against us, too.” — USA Basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski
Jul 30, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
LeBron still not as popular as prior to The Decision, though. It’s only a matter of time until he is.
Jul 30, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Cavaliers guard says initial response stemmed from his straightforward approach, confidence
Jul 30, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Collective Bargaining Agreement limits offseason charity games to United States and Canada
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17