May 14, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
…but seeing the Clippers coach in action brings his outrage to a different level.
I understand why Rivers is mad – he doesn’t like calls, right or wrong, that go against the Clippers. But why are non-Clipper fans so upset about this replay?
What is the point of replay, if not to achieve the right outcome?
The referees should follow NBA rules to a T, but that doesn’t always happen due to human error. Replay is one method of oversight toward the goal of getting every call right – and, in the end, it worked.
The process breaking down multiple times along the way is an issue the NBA should address, because that will usually lead to mistakes. Last night, though, it led to the right result.
That’s no injustice.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32