May 14, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
…but seeing the Clippers coach in action brings his outrage to a different level.
I understand why Rivers is mad – he doesn’t like calls, right or wrong, that go against the Clippers. But why are non-Clipper fans so upset about this replay?
What is the point of replay, if not to achieve the right outcome?
The referees should follow NBA rules to a T, but that doesn’t always happen due to human error. Replay is one method of oversight toward the goal of getting every call right – and, in the end, it worked.
The process breaking down multiple times along the way is an issue the NBA should address, because that will usually lead to mistakes. Last night, though, it led to the right result.
That’s no injustice.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9