May 14, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
…but seeing the Clippers coach in action brings his outrage to a different level.
I understand why Rivers is mad – he doesn’t like calls, right or wrong, that go against the Clippers. But why are non-Clipper fans so upset about this replay?
What is the point of replay, if not to achieve the right outcome?
The referees should follow NBA rules to a T, but that doesn’t always happen due to human error. Replay is one method of oversight toward the goal of getting every call right – and, in the end, it worked.
The process breaking down multiple times along the way is an issue the NBA should address, because that will usually lead to mistakes. Last night, though, it led to the right result.
That’s no injustice.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 36
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 44
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 57
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7