May 14, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
…but seeing the Clippers coach in action brings his outrage to a different level.
I understand why Rivers is mad – he doesn’t like calls, right or wrong, that go against the Clippers. But why are non-Clipper fans so upset about this replay?
What is the point of replay, if not to achieve the right outcome?
The referees should follow NBA rules to a T, but that doesn’t always happen due to human error. Replay is one method of oversight toward the goal of getting every call right – and, in the end, it worked.
The process breaking down multiple times along the way is an issue the NBA should address, because that will usually lead to mistakes. Last night, though, it led to the right result.
That’s no injustice.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17