May 14, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Doc Rivers was a little worked up after the game Tuesday night. To put it mildly.
He was so frustrated over a reviewed out-of-bounds call that didn’t go his way with 11 seconds remaining in the Clippers collapse and loss that he went on a rant in his post game press conference, a tirade will have him writing a healthy check to the league (a fine is all but certain).
…Doc Rivers marched out of the locker room late Tuesday with fury in his eyes. He headed toward the interview room only to spot Oklahoma City Thunder owner Clay Bennett walking past in the hallway.
“Wow!” Rivers yelled at Bennett. “Why can’t we get the right replay?”
Bennett, perhaps still stunned by his unlikely change in fortune, didn’t say a word in response and just kept walking.
Smart choice by Bennett. That was not the moment to have a detailed discussion of the out of bounds rules, or to discuss the intentional limitations of replay under the NBA’s system. There would have been no rational discussion at that moment.
Most of all, Bennett was wise not to point out that Rivers’ Clippers were up by 7 points with 49 seconds left almost all of their undoing was on their own heads.
Bennett can just keep walking, likely all the way to the Western Conference Finals now.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19