May 13, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
I’ll be the first to accept ur apology..as a man who’s made a mistake or two in life I know how hard it is to look at your self in the mirror when you let so many ppl down but for anybody who can’t and won’t accept his apology u need to look in the mirror because were not perfect..forgiveness will destroy racism not more hatred..
—Gilbert Arenas, on his Instagram account
Well, that’s one.
That is Gilbert Arenas posting on Instagram, accepting the apology of Donald Sterling, something the embattled Clippers owner said during an interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN.
Forgiveness is one of the great gifts one person can give another, one we should all use more in our daily lives, and I would never tell someone not to forgive another, never tell someone how to feel about anything. My only question to Arenas would be: Do you feel Sterling’s apology was sincere?
Sterling also said in that interview that he believed that the Clippers players still loved him and were playing for him. At shootaround Tuesday the Clippers players tried to handle that diplomatically.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85