May 13, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
I’ll be the first to accept ur apology..as a man who’s made a mistake or two in life I know how hard it is to look at your self in the mirror when you let so many ppl down but for anybody who can’t and won’t accept his apology u need to look in the mirror because were not perfect..forgiveness will destroy racism not more hatred..
—Gilbert Arenas, on his Instagram account
Well, that’s one.
That is Gilbert Arenas posting on Instagram, accepting the apology of Donald Sterling, something the embattled Clippers owner said during an interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN.
Forgiveness is one of the great gifts one person can give another, one we should all use more in our daily lives, and I would never tell someone not to forgive another, never tell someone how to feel about anything. My only question to Arenas would be: Do you feel Sterling’s apology was sincere?
Sterling also said in that interview that he believed that the Clippers players still loved him and were playing for him. At shootaround Tuesday the Clippers players tried to handle that diplomatically.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5