May 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Serge Ibaka and Blake Griffin have had a physical series and a few entanglements — there was Griffin’s bloody nose, for one (a good no call by the refs, Griffin brought his head back through a still Ibaka).
Then there was this from Game 4:
Ibaka has landed a blow to Griffin’s nether regions before, but for this one there is no punishment coming, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Sorry Clipper fans, that’s another good call by the league. The fine part, I mean. There should have been a foul called on the play, Griffin was struck while in the act of shooting.
But there was no intent from Ibaka. He was trying to be physical with Griffin as Griffin drove to the rim, then Ibaka ran into Perkins who shoved Ibaka in the back essentially throwing him into Griffin.
Should have been a foul call, but there is no action deserving a suspension or fine there.
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 0
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 0
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 15
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31