May 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Serge Ibaka and Blake Griffin have had a physical series and a few entanglements — there was Griffin’s bloody nose, for one (a good no call by the refs, Griffin brought his head back through a still Ibaka).
Then there was this from Game 4:
Ibaka has landed a blow to Griffin’s nether regions before, but for this one there is no punishment coming, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Thunder F Serge Ibaka will not be fined or suspended for hitting Clippers F Blake Griffin in the groin in Game 4, a source told Yahoo Sports—
Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) May 12, 2014
Sorry Clipper fans, that’s another good call by the league. The fine part, I mean. There should have been a foul called on the play, Griffin was struck while in the act of shooting.
But there was no intent from Ibaka. He was trying to be physical with Griffin as Griffin drove to the rim, then Ibaka ran into Perkins who shoved Ibaka in the back essentially throwing him into Griffin.
Should have been a foul call, but there is no action deserving a suspension or fine there.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 10
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 18
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34