May 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Serge Ibaka and Blake Griffin have had a physical series and a few entanglements — there was Griffin’s bloody nose, for one (a good no call by the refs, Griffin brought his head back through a still Ibaka).
Then there was this from Game 4:
Ibaka has landed a blow to Griffin’s nether regions before, but for this one there is no punishment coming, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Sorry Clipper fans, that’s another good call by the league. The fine part, I mean. There should have been a foul called on the play, Griffin was struck while in the act of shooting.
But there was no intent from Ibaka. He was trying to be physical with Griffin as Griffin drove to the rim, then Ibaka ran into Perkins who shoved Ibaka in the back essentially throwing him into Griffin.
Should have been a foul call, but there is no action deserving a suspension or fine there.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28