May 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Serge Ibaka and Blake Griffin have had a physical series and a few entanglements — there was Griffin’s bloody nose, for one (a good no call by the refs, Griffin brought his head back through a still Ibaka).
Then there was this from Game 4:
Ibaka has landed a blow to Griffin’s nether regions before, but for this one there is no punishment coming, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Sorry Clipper fans, that’s another good call by the league. The fine part, I mean. There should have been a foul called on the play, Griffin was struck while in the act of shooting.
But there was no intent from Ibaka. He was trying to be physical with Griffin as Griffin drove to the rim, then Ibaka ran into Perkins who shoved Ibaka in the back essentially throwing him into Griffin.
Should have been a foul call, but there is no action deserving a suspension or fine there.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50