May 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Serge Ibaka and Blake Griffin have had a physical series and a few entanglements — there was Griffin’s bloody nose, for one (a good no call by the refs, Griffin brought his head back through a still Ibaka).
Then there was this from Game 4:
Ibaka has landed a blow to Griffin’s nether regions before, but for this one there is no punishment coming, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Thunder F Serge Ibaka will not be fined or suspended for hitting Clippers F Blake Griffin in the groin in Game 4, a source told Yahoo Sports—
Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) May 12, 2014
Sorry Clipper fans, that’s another good call by the league. The fine part, I mean. There should have been a foul called on the play, Griffin was struck while in the act of shooting.
But there was no intent from Ibaka. He was trying to be physical with Griffin as Griffin drove to the rim, then Ibaka ran into Perkins who shoved Ibaka in the back essentially throwing him into Griffin.
Should have been a foul call, but there is no action deserving a suspension or fine there.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29