May 11, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s rise to fame is just beginning.
Drafted purely on potential and expected to be brought along slowly, the fact the Bucks were terrible this past season meant he got to learn on the job — and basketball fanatics had their new favorite underground star to watch. The “Greek freak” is just 19, so very raw but makes some plays that portend greatness. He has thleticism end to end that just can’t be taught.
He is going to be a star in America.
He’s already becoming one in Greece — he’s got a chocolate milk ad. Called “I Believe.” Beyond that… I don’t speak any Greek.
But I know great plays when I see them.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 24
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23