May 11, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s rise to fame is just beginning.
Drafted purely on potential and expected to be brought along slowly, the fact the Bucks were terrible this past season meant he got to learn on the job — and basketball fanatics had their new favorite underground star to watch. The “Greek freak” is just 19, so very raw but makes some plays that portend greatness. He has thleticism end to end that just can’t be taught.
He is going to be a star in America.
He’s already becoming one in Greece — he’s got a chocolate milk ad. Called “I Believe.” Beyond that… I don’t speak any Greek.
But I know great plays when I see them.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 49
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5