May 11, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s rise to fame is just beginning.
Drafted purely on potential and expected to be brought along slowly, the fact the Bucks were terrible this past season meant he got to learn on the job — and basketball fanatics had their new favorite underground star to watch. The “Greek freak” is just 19, so very raw but makes some plays that portend greatness. He has thleticism end to end that just can’t be taught.
He is going to be a star in America.
He’s already becoming one in Greece — he’s got a chocolate milk ad. Called “I Believe.” Beyond that… I don’t speak any Greek.
But I know great plays when I see them.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17