May 11, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s rise to fame is just beginning.
Drafted purely on potential and expected to be brought along slowly, the fact the Bucks were terrible this past season meant he got to learn on the job — and basketball fanatics had their new favorite underground star to watch. The “Greek freak” is just 19, so very raw but makes some plays that portend greatness. He has thleticism end to end that just can’t be taught.
He is going to be a star in America.
He’s already becoming one in Greece — he’s got a chocolate milk ad. Called “I Believe.” Beyond that… I don’t speak any Greek.
But I know great plays when I see them.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43