May 11, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s rise to fame is just beginning.
Drafted purely on potential and expected to be brought along slowly, the fact the Bucks were terrible this past season meant he got to learn on the job — and basketball fanatics had their new favorite underground star to watch. The “Greek freak” is just 19, so very raw but makes some plays that portend greatness. He has thleticism end to end that just can’t be taught.
He is going to be a star in America.
He’s already becoming one in Greece — he’s got a chocolate milk ad. Called “I Believe.” Beyond that… I don’t speak any Greek.
But I know great plays when I see them.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31