May 10, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
John Wall hit 4-of-5 shots inside eight feet in Washington’s Game 3 loss to Indiana, but was 2-of-8 outside that range.
Which isn’t that bad considering he couldn’t see.
Wall got a scratch on his eye during a third quarter, when he drove the lane and was hit by Lance Stephenson, an injury that dramatically impacted his ability to see, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I barely could see after I got hit in the eye,” he said. “I got a cut on my eye so I had to put contacts in to get the medicine to cover the cut.”
It’s not visible. It’s actually on the eyeball and it caused excessive blinking. Wall said it bothered him since the third quarter and it was responsible for him missing 3 of 6 free throws. He’s shooting 34% from the field, 40-for-117, in this series.
Wall had seven turnovers against the Pacers, a combination of his eye and the Pacers defense.
Wall should be fine by Sunday. The Wizards are going to need a monster game out of him in Game 4 to even the series — the Pacers are starting to regain their early season form, particularly on defense. If the Warriors fall in Game 4 and go down 3-1, this series is all but over. Wall will be key.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11