May 10, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
John Wall hit 4-of-5 shots inside eight feet in Washington’s Game 3 loss to Indiana, but was 2-of-8 outside that range.
Which isn’t that bad considering he couldn’t see.
Wall got a scratch on his eye during a third quarter, when he drove the lane and was hit by Lance Stephenson, an injury that dramatically impacted his ability to see, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I barely could see after I got hit in the eye,” he said. “I got a cut on my eye so I had to put contacts in to get the medicine to cover the cut.”
It’s not visible. It’s actually on the eyeball and it caused excessive blinking. Wall said it bothered him since the third quarter and it was responsible for him missing 3 of 6 free throws. He’s shooting 34% from the field, 40-for-117, in this series.
Wall had seven turnovers against the Pacers, a combination of his eye and the Pacers defense.
Wall should be fine by Sunday. The Wizards are going to need a monster game out of him in Game 4 to even the series — the Pacers are starting to regain their early season form, particularly on defense. If the Warriors fall in Game 4 and go down 3-1, this series is all but over. Wall will be key.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18