May 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
The Clippers and Thunder were engaged in the kind of shootout the Wizards and Pacers could only dream of and Chris Paul was hot and decided to try the heat-check three as time wound down in the first half — and he drilled it.
Paul finished with 14 points and 8 assists at the half, and the Clippers led 63-61. Kevin Durant had 15 points in the half.
That 63 points by the Clippers was how many the Wizards scored all game against the Pacers. Night and Day between these conferences.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 18
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 38
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 59
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40