May 9, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
A 7-footer who had multiple knee surgeries might not hold up physically.
The Pacers, who did not administer a physical to Bynum until after he signed the contract, had initially entered this relationship with high hopes.
I can’t imagine a scenario where the Pacers chose not to give Bynum a physical in a vacuum. Quite likely, he refused to do a physical until they signed him, which is a perfectly reasonable negotiating point on his end. It also should have been a huge red flag to Indiana.
And maybe it was.
I’m not totally sold the Pacers signed Bynum only to keep him from the Heat, but this makes it look so much more likely.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 18
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 66
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30