May 9, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
A 7-footer who had multiple knee surgeries might not hold up physically.
The Pacers, who did not administer a physical to Bynum until after he signed the contract, had initially entered this relationship with high hopes.
I can’t imagine a scenario where the Pacers chose not to give Bynum a physical in a vacuum. Quite likely, he refused to do a physical until they signed him, which is a perfectly reasonable negotiating point on his end. It also should have been a huge red flag to Indiana.
And maybe it was.
I’m not totally sold the Pacers signed Bynum only to keep him from the Heat, but this makes it look so much more likely.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7