May 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Brooklyn had hung close all game, led for stretches and stayed within striking distance for the rest, until an 8-0 Miami run in the fourth gave them a cushion. Still the Nets were right there if they could just make some plays…
Then this possession happened.
When LeBron James missed from the right side Ray Allen was there to grab the offensive rebound, giving Miami a fresh 24. When LeBron missed again Dwyane Wade tapped it out top and the Heat reset again. LeBron missed a driving layup from the top of the key, but Chris Bosh got the board and passed out top and Miami ran other play for 24 seconds. This time Wade found LeBron, who had dove to the rim, got him the rock and LeBron hit the layup.
The lead was 10 and Miami had just taken 1:40 off the clock. It wasn’t a conventional dagger, but it was a dagger nonetheless.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23