May 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Come on, the Dallas Cowboys have Tony Romo, why would they ever need another quarterback?
As Heisman winner Johnny Manziel fell down the NFL’s first-round draft board Thursday night, Dallas Cowboys fans started to get excited — Johnny Football playing in Texas? Finally an heir to Romo? Smart draft pick or not a lot of Cowboys fans wanted it.
LeBron James is an avid Cowboys fan and he wanted it, as you can see from the above tweets.
Instead the Cowboys went with Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin. A guy to keep to help protect Romo (who just got a contract extension).
Manziel fell to the Browns at 22, a team with a great reputation for being patient and developing quarterbacks to their full potential… just kidding. It probably will work out like most Browns picks.
At least the Nets can be happy LeBron didn’t take out all his frustrations on them, he only scored 22 in the Miami win.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball)
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38