May 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Come on, the Dallas Cowboys have Tony Romo, why would they ever need another quarterback?
As Heisman winner Johnny Manziel fell down the NFL’s first-round draft board Thursday night, Dallas Cowboys fans started to get excited — Johnny Football playing in Texas? Finally an heir to Romo? Smart draft pick or not a lot of Cowboys fans wanted it.
LeBron James is an avid Cowboys fan and he wanted it, as you can see from the above tweets.
Instead the Cowboys went with Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin. A guy to keep to help protect Romo (who just got a contract extension).
Manziel fell to the Browns at 22, a team with a great reputation for being patient and developing quarterbacks to their full potential… just kidding. It probably will work out like most Browns picks.
At least the Nets can be happy LeBron didn’t take out all his frustrations on them, he only scored 22 in the Miami win.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball)
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3