May 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Come on, the Dallas Cowboys have Tony Romo, why would they ever need another quarterback?
As Heisman winner Johnny Manziel fell down the NFL’s first-round draft board Thursday night, Dallas Cowboys fans started to get excited — Johnny Football playing in Texas? Finally an heir to Romo? Smart draft pick or not a lot of Cowboys fans wanted it.
LeBron James is an avid Cowboys fan and he wanted it, as you can see from the above tweets.
Instead the Cowboys went with Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin. A guy to keep to help protect Romo (who just got a contract extension).
Manziel fell to the Browns at 22, a team with a great reputation for being patient and developing quarterbacks to their full potential… just kidding. It probably will work out like most Browns picks.
At least the Nets can be happy LeBron didn’t take out all his frustrations on them, he only scored 22 in the Miami win.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball)
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17