May 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Come on, the Dallas Cowboys have Tony Romo, why would they ever need another quarterback?
As Heisman winner Johnny Manziel fell down the NFL’s first-round draft board Thursday night, Dallas Cowboys fans started to get excited — Johnny Football playing in Texas? Finally an heir to Romo? Smart draft pick or not a lot of Cowboys fans wanted it.
LeBron James is an avid Cowboys fan and he wanted it, as you can see from the above tweets.
Instead the Cowboys went with Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin. A guy to keep to help protect Romo (who just got a contract extension).
Manziel fell to the Browns at 22, a team with a great reputation for being patient and developing quarterbacks to their full potential… just kidding. It probably will work out like most Browns picks.
At least the Nets can be happy LeBron didn’t take out all his frustrations on them, he only scored 22 in the Miami win.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball)
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64