May 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Come on, the Dallas Cowboys have Tony Romo, why would they ever need another quarterback?
As Heisman winner Johnny Manziel fell down the NFL’s first-round draft board Thursday night, Dallas Cowboys fans started to get excited — Johnny Football playing in Texas? Finally an heir to Romo? Smart draft pick or not a lot of Cowboys fans wanted it.
LeBron James is an avid Cowboys fan and he wanted it, as you can see from the above tweets.
Instead the Cowboys went with Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin. A guy to keep to help protect Romo (who just got a contract extension).
Manziel fell to the Browns at 22, a team with a great reputation for being patient and developing quarterbacks to their full potential… just kidding. It probably will work out like most Browns picks.
At least the Nets can be happy LeBron didn’t take out all his frustrations on them, he only scored 22 in the Miami win.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball)
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 3
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33