Westbrook, Durant overwhelm Clippers (VIDEO)

May 8, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT

Sixty-three points on 52.3 percent shooting, plus 22 rebounds and 19 assists.

Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook owned the Clippers in Game 2.

That’s not the only reason the Thunder evened their series at 1-1 — the Thunder defended the pick-and-roll much better and contained Chris Paul, OKC also got some balanced scoring and help from Serge Ibaka and Thabo Sefalosha.

But when Westbrook and Durant are both aggressive, both knocking down shots, both making plays like they did Wednesday night, they can beat any team in the land. Just ask the Clippers.

1. ufools - May 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM

OKC played like it was a ‘must win’…..Clippers didn’t.

Officiating was horrible on both sides of the ball. That flop that KD made when DJ set the screen was COMICAL. He’s got the MVP, he must be working on an Oscar now!

2. nickhollingsworth - May 8, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Reblogged this on Sportstalk.

• fanofthegame79 - May 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I’m not sure I get these kinds of comments. Why would anyone go to another blog to read the exact same story?

• nickhollingsworth - May 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

It just puts it there as a notification, I don’t put it. I reblog it for my readers to see.

• fanofthegame79 - May 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Gotcha. Sorry about that, I wasn’t meaning to call you specifically, but I’ve been curious about those posts. Thanks for the info!

• nickhollingsworth - May 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM

No problem man!

3. worldbfree4me - May 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Yeah Doc expected this One, Two punch! He’ll have a plan (defensive) for those two especially Westbrook who crashes the boards with reckless and out of control abandon. This series will come down to dare I say, Coaching experience. One Coach is just happy to be along for the ride and the other, a proven tactician who once beat the Triangle offense on its own court!

• kb2408 - May 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Oh, please, I like Doc but when did he become a “proven tactician”? You point to one win as evidence. Didn’t Brooks take OKC to the Finals? That teams best player was all of 22 or 23 yrs old. No one was referring to Doc as a “proven tactician” prior to 2008. He was consider more of a motivator type coach.

• fanofthegame79 - May 8, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I kind of agree with KB2408 on this one… Before Doc was gifted hall of fame players (KG, Pierce, Allen, CP3), he had a terrible coaching record and was fired after a couple of years in Orlando.

4. jerdogthompson - May 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM

As a clipper fan I’m okay with the loss, no I don’t like to see my team lose however. It took KD & RW having their combined best games in their playoff career combined with contributions offensively from Perkins and the Swiss miss that just won’t be there much. In addition, clippers shots were not falling and they we were careless with the ball. I hope RW isn’t counting on those moving screen fouls being there for him again because they won’t be.

Bring it back to LA & take care of business. Take it back to OKC up 3-1 and everything will be fine.

5. jzone954 - May 8, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Westbrook is a compete stud. He’s young and at times as any young player does, takes I’ll advised shots and makes mistakes, but Westbrook is growing into a big time star. OKC is very blessed to have both him and Durant for years to come.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches