May 8, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
It was one of the most moving parts of Kevin Durant‘s very emotional, heartfelt MVP acceptance speech — he thanked his mother, Wanda Pratt. A woman who both nurtured and pushed him to be what he has become.
The NBA and the National Basketball Players’ Association have turned that into a Mother’s Day ad.
You are going to see this a lot on your screens now through Monday, but this is well done and touching.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9