May 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
LeBron James is coming to the big screen.
Recently Universal purchased the rights to a movie about LeBron’s high school days and playing hoops (days LeBron still remembers as some of the best of his life).
Now he has teamed up with the man who produced “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” and has produced a number of other Will Ferrel films, plus directed “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and “This is 40.” Variety has the details.
LeBron James and Method Man have rounded out the cast of Universal’s “Trainwreck,” starring Amy Schumer, with Judd Apatow directing.
Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena and Ezra Miller are also on board. Schumer penned the script. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
The film is currently scheduled for a July 2015 release.
Schumer is damn funny, and that’s a good cast (outside LeBron… but you’ve got to love Method Man), so we’ll see. I’m not paying just to see LeBron act (or more likely, play himself), but this has a lot of good people behind it.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5