May 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
LeBron James is coming to the big screen.
Recently Universal purchased the rights to a movie about LeBron’s high school days and playing hoops (days LeBron still remembers as some of the best of his life).
Now he has teamed up with the man who produced “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” and has produced a number of other Will Ferrel films, plus directed “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and “This is 40.” Variety has the details.
LeBron James and Method Man have rounded out the cast of Universal’s “Trainwreck,” starring Amy Schumer, with Judd Apatow directing.
Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena and Ezra Miller are also on board. Schumer penned the script. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
The film is currently scheduled for a July 2015 release.
Schumer is damn funny, and that’s a good cast (outside LeBron… but you’ve got to love Method Man), so we’ll see. I’m not paying just to see LeBron act (or more likely, play himself), but this has a lot of good people behind it.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 2
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 16
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25