May 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
LeBron James is coming to the big screen.
Recently Universal purchased the rights to a movie about LeBron’s high school days and playing hoops (days LeBron still remembers as some of the best of his life).
Now he has teamed up with the man who produced “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” and has produced a number of other Will Ferrel films, plus directed “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and “This is 40.” Variety has the details.
LeBron James and Method Man have rounded out the cast of Universal’s “Trainwreck,” starring Amy Schumer, with Judd Apatow directing.
Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena and Ezra Miller are also on board. Schumer penned the script. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
The film is currently scheduled for a July 2015 release.
Schumer is damn funny, and that’s a good cast (outside LeBron… but you’ve got to love Method Man), so we’ll see. I’m not paying just to see LeBron act (or more likely, play himself), but this has a lot of good people behind it.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6