May 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
LeBron James is coming to the big screen.
Recently Universal purchased the rights to a movie about LeBron’s high school days and playing hoops (days LeBron still remembers as some of the best of his life).
Now he has teamed up with the man who produced “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” and has produced a number of other Will Ferrel films, plus directed “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and “This is 40.” Variety has the details.
LeBron James and Method Man have rounded out the cast of Universal’s “Trainwreck,” starring Amy Schumer, with Judd Apatow directing.
Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena and Ezra Miller are also on board. Schumer penned the script. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
The film is currently scheduled for a July 2015 release.
Schumer is damn funny, and that’s a good cast (outside LeBron… but you’ve got to love Method Man), so we’ll see. I’m not paying just to see LeBron act (or more likely, play himself), but this has a lot of good people behind it.
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23