May 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
LeBron James is coming to the big screen.
Recently Universal purchased the rights to a movie about LeBron’s high school days and playing hoops (days LeBron still remembers as some of the best of his life).
Now he has teamed up with the man who produced “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” and has produced a number of other Will Ferrel films, plus directed “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and “This is 40.” Variety has the details.
LeBron James and Method Man have rounded out the cast of Universal’s “Trainwreck,” starring Amy Schumer, with Judd Apatow directing.
Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena and Ezra Miller are also on board. Schumer penned the script. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
The film is currently scheduled for a July 2015 release.
Schumer is damn funny, and that’s a good cast (outside LeBron… but you’ve got to love Method Man), so we’ll see. I’m not paying just to see LeBron act (or more likely, play himself), but this has a lot of good people behind it.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15