May 7, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
This would be why.
According to a league source, Warriors owner Joe Lacob wants to hire Kerr to replace Mark Jackson, who was fired on Tuesday following three successful seasons as Golden State’s head coach. In fact, the Warriors wasted no time reaching out to Kerr, contacting him less than three hours after Jackson was dismissed. And a source maintains that the Warriors’ job is Kerr’s if he wants it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Wednesday and Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That would be why.
Kerr – somehow – has become more in demand than any coach. He has no coaching experience, but not only are the Knicks and Warriors competing for him, a third team is trying to enter the mix.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Warriors offer the best team. The Knicks offer the boss Kerr is closest with.
The Jazz… maybe they can try offering the most money.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11