May 7, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
This would be why.
According to a league source, Warriors owner Joe Lacob wants to hire Kerr to replace Mark Jackson, who was fired on Tuesday following three successful seasons as Golden State’s head coach. In fact, the Warriors wasted no time reaching out to Kerr, contacting him less than three hours after Jackson was dismissed. And a source maintains that the Warriors’ job is Kerr’s if he wants it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Wednesday and Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That would be why.
Kerr – somehow – has become more in demand than any coach. He has no coaching experience, but not only are the Knicks and Warriors competing for him, a third team is trying to enter the mix.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Warriors offer the best team. The Knicks offer the boss Kerr is closest with.
The Jazz… maybe they can try offering the most money.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18