May 7, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
This would be why.
According to a league source, Warriors owner Joe Lacob wants to hire Kerr to replace Mark Jackson, who was fired on Tuesday following three successful seasons as Golden State’s head coach. In fact, the Warriors wasted no time reaching out to Kerr, contacting him less than three hours after Jackson was dismissed. And a source maintains that the Warriors’ job is Kerr’s if he wants it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Wednesday and Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That would be why.
Kerr – somehow – has become more in demand than any coach. He has no coaching experience, but not only are the Knicks and Warriors competing for him, a third team is trying to enter the mix.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Warriors offer the best team. The Knicks offer the boss Kerr is closest with.
The Jazz… maybe they can try offering the most money.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43