May 7, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
This would be why.
According to a league source, Warriors owner Joe Lacob wants to hire Kerr to replace Mark Jackson, who was fired on Tuesday following three successful seasons as Golden State’s head coach. In fact, the Warriors wasted no time reaching out to Kerr, contacting him less than three hours after Jackson was dismissed. And a source maintains that the Warriors’ job is Kerr’s if he wants it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Wednesday and Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That would be why.
Kerr – somehow – has become more in demand than any coach. He has no coaching experience, but not only are the Knicks and Warriors competing for him, a third team is trying to enter the mix.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Warriors offer the best team. The Knicks offer the boss Kerr is closest with.
The Jazz… maybe they can try offering the most money.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9