May 7, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
This would be why.
According to a league source, Warriors owner Joe Lacob wants to hire Kerr to replace Mark Jackson, who was fired on Tuesday following three successful seasons as Golden State’s head coach. In fact, the Warriors wasted no time reaching out to Kerr, contacting him less than three hours after Jackson was dismissed. And a source maintains that the Warriors’ job is Kerr’s if he wants it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Wednesday and Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That would be why.
Kerr – somehow – has become more in demand than any coach. He has no coaching experience, but not only are the Knicks and Warriors competing for him, a third team is trying to enter the mix.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
The Warriors offer the best team. The Knicks offer the boss Kerr is closest with.
The Jazz… maybe they can try offering the most money.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11