May 7, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
It’s always fun to talk Michael Jordan
That is especially true when author Roland Lazenby joins the latest PBT Podcast to discuss his new book “Michael Jordan: The Life.” Lazenby creates a fascinating portrait of MJ, from his family’s old history as moonshiners and share croppers up through the his playing days and now into ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats. Lazenby and I discuss Jordan’s legendary competitiveness as well as his personal evolution as a player and into life after basketball.
But before we get to that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and I discuss the Warriors firing Mark Jackson and the start of the second round of the playoffs (what is with all the blowouts?).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17