May 7, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
It’s always fun to talk Michael Jordan
That is especially true when author Roland Lazenby joins the latest PBT Podcast to discuss his new book “Michael Jordan: The Life.” Lazenby creates a fascinating portrait of MJ, from his family’s old history as moonshiners and share croppers up through the his playing days and now into ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats. Lazenby and I discuss Jordan’s legendary competitiveness as well as his personal evolution as a player and into life after basketball.
But before we get to that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and I discuss the Warriors firing Mark Jackson and the start of the second round of the playoffs (what is with all the blowouts?).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23