May 7, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
It’s always fun to talk Michael Jordan
That is especially true when author Roland Lazenby joins the latest PBT Podcast to discuss his new book “Michael Jordan: The Life.” Lazenby creates a fascinating portrait of MJ, from his family’s old history as moonshiners and share croppers up through the his playing days and now into ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats. Lazenby and I discuss Jordan’s legendary competitiveness as well as his personal evolution as a player and into life after basketball.
But before we get to that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and I discuss the Warriors firing Mark Jackson and the start of the second round of the playoffs (what is with all the blowouts?).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 0
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 28
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16