May 7, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
It’s always fun to talk Michael Jordan
That is especially true when author Roland Lazenby joins the latest PBT Podcast to discuss his new book “Michael Jordan: The Life.” Lazenby creates a fascinating portrait of MJ, from his family’s old history as moonshiners and share croppers up through the his playing days and now into ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats. Lazenby and I discuss Jordan’s legendary competitiveness as well as his personal evolution as a player and into life after basketball.
But before we get to that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and I discuss the Warriors firing Mark Jackson and the start of the second round of the playoffs (what is with all the blowouts?).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 44
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59