May 7, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
It’s always fun to talk Michael Jordan
That is especially true when author Roland Lazenby joins the latest PBT Podcast to discuss his new book “Michael Jordan: The Life.” Lazenby creates a fascinating portrait of MJ, from his family’s old history as moonshiners and share croppers up through the his playing days and now into ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats. Lazenby and I discuss Jordan’s legendary competitiveness as well as his personal evolution as a player and into life after basketball.
But before we get to that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and I discuss the Warriors firing Mark Jackson and the start of the second round of the playoffs (what is with all the blowouts?).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 3
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60