May 7, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Kevin Durant’s amazing year continues.
On top of replacing LeBron James as the NBA’s MVP, Durant is now replacing LeBron on the cover of the biggest basketball video game.
Durant will be on the cover of NBA 2K15, the company announced in conjunction with Durant.
Durant said in a press call that he loves the game — he said in the past he probably plays 2K more than he practices the real game. He is a fan of the “my player” mode and that his house rules call for teams to be chosen at random.
“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” Durant said in a released statement. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”
NBA 2K15 comes out next October for all your PlayStation and XBox devices.
In the interim, KD has a little real basketball game to play against the Clippers Tuesday night.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38