May 7, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Kevin Durant’s amazing year continues.
On top of replacing LeBron James as the NBA’s MVP, Durant is now replacing LeBron on the cover of the biggest basketball video game.
Durant will be on the cover of NBA 2K15, the company announced in conjunction with Durant.
Durant said in a press call that he loves the game — he said in the past he probably plays 2K more than he practices the real game. He is a fan of the “my player” mode and that his house rules call for teams to be chosen at random.
“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” Durant said in a released statement. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”
NBA 2K15 comes out next October for all your PlayStation and XBox devices.
In the interim, KD has a little real basketball game to play against the Clippers Tuesday night.
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 4
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 0
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18