May 7, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
Kevin Durant’s amazing year continues.
On top of replacing LeBron James as the NBA’s MVP, Durant is now replacing LeBron on the cover of the biggest basketball video game.
Durant will be on the cover of NBA 2K15, the company announced in conjunction with Durant.
Durant said in a press call that he loves the game — he said in the past he probably plays 2K more than he practices the real game. He is a fan of the “my player” mode and that his house rules call for teams to be chosen at random.
“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” Durant said in a released statement. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”
NBA 2K15 comes out next October for all your PlayStation and XBox devices.
In the interim, KD has a little real basketball game to play against the Clippers Tuesday night.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30