May 7, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Kevin Durant’s amazing year continues.
On top of replacing LeBron James as the NBA’s MVP, Durant is now replacing LeBron on the cover of the biggest basketball video game.
Durant will be on the cover of NBA 2K15, the company announced in conjunction with Durant.
Durant said in a press call that he loves the game — he said in the past he probably plays 2K more than he practices the real game. He is a fan of the “my player” mode and that his house rules call for teams to be chosen at random.
“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” Durant said in a released statement. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”
NBA 2K15 comes out next October for all your PlayStation and XBox devices.
In the interim, KD has a little real basketball game to play against the Clippers Tuesday night.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28