May 7, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Kevin Durant’s amazing year continues.
On top of replacing LeBron James as the NBA’s MVP, Durant is now replacing LeBron on the cover of the biggest basketball video game.
Durant will be on the cover of NBA 2K15, the company announced in conjunction with Durant.
Durant said in a press call that he loves the game — he said in the past he probably plays 2K more than he practices the real game. He is a fan of the “my player” mode and that his house rules call for teams to be chosen at random.
“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” Durant said in a released statement. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”
NBA 2K15 comes out next October for all your PlayStation and XBox devices.
In the interim, KD has a little real basketball game to play against the Clippers Tuesday night.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15